Chapter 16

⚠️GO BACK AND VOTE ON ALL THE PREVIOUS CHAPTERS IF YOU HAVEN'T⚠️

VOTE AND COMMENT 📌

━━━𑁍━━━

"I am making a two men team, for a search party outside the village. As we all know by a hunch someone might be keeping an eye on us. Each team will have one sensory ninja".

Everyone knew that the Hyuga's would be choosed for such type of mission, so it wasn't a surprise when Minato called out their name.

"Hyuga Hinata and Namikaze Menma are in one team. Who will scout in the east from the village entrance...." Minato specially paired up Menma with Hinata because he knows how impatient and ready to fight of a person she is, and Menma would be the only one she'd listen to keep her in check. After all Minato isn't blind to teenage crushes nowadays.

"Yamanaka Ino and Nara Shikamaru will be in one team scouting in the west from the village entrance". Minato was well aware of the family friendship between the InoShikaCho trio and it made sense that Ino will work better along side Shikamaru.

A flustered Ino interrupted, "B-but Shikamaru-kun is on a mission".

The sharp ears of the Uchiha followed the meek voice and was surprised to find that it was coming from Ino who was a bit too shy for the real Ino. This version of Ino definitely reminded Sasuke of the original Hinata as the real Ino was a loud mouthed blonde like Naruto. They both can't keep their mouth shut.

"He just reported back Ino, he'll he here in a minute". Minato smiled in reassurance to Ino, who nodded in reply.

"Okay so, the last tea... " A knock on the door interrupted the hokage who ordered the person to come in.

"You called for me Godaime Hokage sama?". Shikamaru asked in a intrigued voice, which was also strange for the Uchiha who was accustomed to his bored tone.

"Ah! Yes, I have teamed you up with Ino for a search mission in the west from the village entrance".

"For what? Did something happened?". A confused Shikamaru asked.

Minato who forgot that Shikamaru has just arrived and didn't knew about Sakura's abduction, laughed awkwardly, "Ino! How about you fill in Shikamaru about what happened while I announce the last team".

Ino nodded blushing for being the center of attention all of sudden as Shikamaru walked over to her. Ino quickly told him everything while Minato announced the last team.

"Hyuga Neji and....." Minato was quite for a while trying to figure out who will be the best partner for Neji on the search mission.

Rock Lee often gets tired and scared easily which will be a drawback in this important mission. Inuzuka Kiba can't even coordinate with his clan hound because of his fear and ends up running away from it, definately a no. Charasuke also a no, he can never be serious.

Looking around the room Minato tried to find someone who would be compatible with Neji when his gaze stopped on the shinobi who is rumoured to be Sakura's boyfriend.

"What's your name?". Minato asked looking into Sasuke's direction.

"Kato Raiden". The Uchiha introduced himself by a name build out of his abilities -Kato which he took from the great fireball jutsu, created by the Uchiha's and his first name-Raiden which means "thunder" and "lightning", his chakra nature.

"Wakatta!". Minato nodded then spoke,

"It's Hyuga Neji and Kato Raiden. After all you are a shinobi, I presume". Minato asked assessing the katana on his back, his muscular build body and quick perception of everything.

"Hai!". Sasuke answered as well as Charasuke, "Oi! Why him and not me?". Minato glanced at him before concentrating back at the awaiting group.

"All the three groups, any problem with the pairing?". Every choosen shinobi shook their head as a satisfied look plastered over Minato.

"Very well then! this search mission will start the moment you all are out of my office but before that, there's some instructions you all need to follow".

"Every team will move on a slow pace, no hurrying and specially do not run! It might alert the ninja's who might be watching us. And a slow pace is must, try to keep maximum distance so that you won't be noticed by the ninja's. Try to find them without closing in on them from a distance and once any one of you does, retreat..No one will engage with the enemy. We just need to know how many we are dealing with and where. Report back to me once you find anything and I repeat no one will engage with the enemy. Anyone who let their emotions carry them in this mission and forget the rules while have to return their headband". Minato warned making the threat clear in the air so no one jeopardizes the plan and their lives or Sakura's.

"Wakatta!". Those who were picked shouted in unison as Minato smiled before continuing, "Hatake Kakashi will be supervising this mission with his dogs. Who will follow the three teams from a distance. By chance something goes wrong they'll report back so we can send for backup. However, follow the rules and make sure it does not happen".

"Now! those who are left will scout the whole village to find any intruder if there's any, under the supervision of Uchiha Itachi from the village military police force". Sasuke immediately froze as he felt goosebumps raise on his arms.

His heart started beating so loudly that he could hear it. He's alive in this dimension and he's not a rouge but a police officer?.

Sasuke was confused and hurt, he felt as if this dimension is playing tricks on him, first his rinnegan, then Sakura's abduction and then his brother being alive and following his childhood dream.

"Yay! Ni-san will be there". An excited Charasuke shouted, gaining Sasuke's attention who felt suffocated, he couldn't breathe.

All he could remember was his brother dying after poking his forehead. He needed to get out of here but he can't leave without the hokage's permission.

How much he wished Sakura was here by his side because even though he doesn't like to admit, she calms him down. She's the only one who can. Sasuke took a few steps back, as his breathing got heavier when he remembered Itachi's last words to him.

No matter what you decide to do from now on.....I will love you forever.

His eyes got blurry for second from the tears before he got his composure back as Itachi's last word ran over his mind again and again, calming him down, subconsciously.

"You good?". Shikamaru asked upon seeing Sasuke stagger.

"Hn". Sasuke replied.

"You may all go now and all the best!". Minato announced as everyone began walking outside where Uchiha Itachi and Hatake Kakashi were waiting.

━━━━━━

For the silent readers, if your trial period for this book has finished start voting🤡.

UPDATE- Excited for Itachi × Sasuke meet in this dimension?

IG: @theiawrites

━━━━━━

🌸FOLLOW FOR MORE🌸

━━━━━━