Chapter 4: Rose Meets Knockout and an Unexpected Reunion?!

Rose wakes up in a sweat. She's been having nightmares of her former life with her family for the past few months. It seems that no matter how hard she tries to forget; all those tormented years in that house, it just continues to haunt her.

"Dang it! I can't seem to catch a freaking break. Oh well, just gotta pull through like I always do," and with that, she got up out of bed. She took a nice and long relaxing shower to try and forget her horrible nightmares. But only so much hot water can help before you start getting pruney. She then got out, dried off, and dressed herself in her undergarments, red tank top, and a pair of jeans capris.

As she walked downstairs, she noticed that Ame was also up and ready for the day, all the while eating some cereal.

"Hey Ame, how are you this morning?" Rose asked her cousin.

"I'm doing good." Amelia answered.

"That's good. Don't forget, you start your first photography lessons you signed up for in a few days, alright?"

"I remembered, did you remember to pay the bills this month?"

"I did just yesterday, why?" Rose asked curiously. That was when Amelia looked pointedly towards the home phone line. Rose goes towards the messaging machine which has the phone hooked up to the station. She noticed that there were over 20 missed calls and 15 messages.

"Because that's been going off since 3 days ago, and it was from an unknown number." Amelia pointedly said about the phone with disgust.

Amelia's expression suggested that the phone committed a serious crime. But if it's been going off for this long, and interrupting her sleep, then it probably did.

Rose sighed tiredly, "I'll check who it is." As Rose checked the ID of the caller, she immediately stiffened and her face contorted into a scowl.

Amelia looked up from her bowl of cereal and noticed her cousin was off. "Are you okay?"she asked with a concerned and scared sound in her voice.

Rose didn't answer for a few moments till Amelia got up and looked at the phone and Rose. She finally had enough and snapped her fingers in her face to snap her out of it. "Cousin, What's the matter?"

Rose finally snapped out of her trance of hatred. "What's up Ame?" She said with a smile.

"You were stuck in an angry trance is all. Are you sure you're okay? Who's been calling?" Amelia said worriedly.

Rose made a face that was between uncertainty and worried. But she quickly pulled herself together, she HAD to, for her cousin's sake.

"I'm fine Ame- It's... it's an old acquaintance of mine I've been meaning to get a hold of. I just keep forgetting to do that, fortunately." She said the last part in a mumble.

Amelia was barely able to make out what she said last, but she knew deep in her gut that something wasn't right.

Rose glances at the messaging machine with nervousness. She knew who was calling and harassing her. She just didn't expect him to find her so soon. One of her cruddy family members must've squealed on her. 'Cowards...' Rose thought bitterly. And just when she was going to reassure her cousin that it was probably nosy telemarketers, the phone rang.