Chapter 5: Amelia meets Breakdown and a Reunion in the Basement?!

A few hours prior….

After Amelia had called in to let Sharona know that she was going to be late and that Rose was "sick", she left the house immediately afterwards. Leaving Rose to do whatever to calm herself down.

'I hope that by the time I get back, she'll be herself again.' Amelia thought to herself as she sped down the highway to get to work.

When she arrived at work she couldn't help but notice their daily "visitor" swimming back and forth along the waves near the docking station.

'Is it that same shark again?! Is Sharona feeding it or something?' Amelia questioned thoughtfully.

A while back, after Sharona's latest exploration to some unknown location at sea, the Center had gotten a new visitor that seemed to make daily appearances at their shores. Amelia tried to approach the shark by the docks to see what it looked like. But as soon as she got even close to the docks she would get this feeling of impending doom in her soul. 

Immediately she went the other way and went back to work. She asked Sharona about the shark, numerous times actually, but all she kept getting was dodgy answers or she would switch the subject. 

'Strange….' She thought suspiciously. 

But she knew from experience not to question the unexplained if she could help it. 

She got out of her car and proceeded to head off to work. Once inside, she headed off to her station at the security office. Where she was in charge of keeping a close eye on the monitors while the others went on patrol. And then afterwards they would switch positions. 

Once there, she was greeted by Melody and Winnie. Fellow security guards. Melody was in charge of being "third in command" of the Center. And Winnie was a top notch expert at getting information out of debtors or intruders. Winnie had an interesting personality along with Bonnie, who was currently teaching a new intern about the sea turtles. They both were childhood friends and didn't grow up in the best of conditions. So that could play in some of her quirks that she often showed. And Amelia didn't and couldn't blame her for that. Winnie had a rough childhood and because of that, affected her in a lot of ways that could potentially hurt her or others in the long run. But she had to hand it to her, ever since she and Bonnie showed up, Sharona has had to deal with less and less debtors and assaults to deal with. And for that, she was grateful.

"Hey Winnie. Hey Melody. How's it going?" Amelia asked.

"Nothing much, just making sure nobody is around the gates." Melody signed.

"Yeah, and so far those bozos haven't shown up. Guess I really scared them the last time they tried to break in huh~?" Winnie smirked as she thought of the terrified faces of the last debtor that tried to break in.

"I want to say that violence is not the answer to everything, though those debtors are making it harder and harder for me to prove that…" Melody signed tiredly.

"Melody, let's face it, sometimes humanity can be such a pain in the behind and that there's nothing you can do about it. So sometimes you just have to knock some sense into their pea brains." Winnie replied as she leaned in her roller chair and put her feet on the desk in a relaxed position.

"True. But I still believe that there's some hope for humanity. We just need the right guidance from a higher being. And get your feet off the desk!" Melody chastised Winnie as she swatted her feet off the desk.