Chapter 6: Quin "Meets" Shockwave, "The Human Enthused" Scientist

Slight warning for the faint of heart who's sensitive about cursing and thick accents that look like horribly misspelled words. Two story chapters will have this since Quin is German and has a thick accent. The next two story chapters are a bit violent and intense compared to my other chapters. No dissection is involved or gore. Just cursing and a hate to love slow burnish relationship... ENJOY!!!

As soon as Quin had informed the security and higher up personnel of her and Marisala's mission, she was determined as ever to solve this riddle that plagued her mind like barnacles to a ship.

She had been experimenting with her theory for over a few years and has finally been getting results. Her theory? Predictions of finding out the future and people's destinies. She wanted to see if she could unlock the part of the human brain that mediums and psychics use. And she mainly experimented on herself to see if she can experience the visions. And for a while, she couldn't get far. It wasn't till after the incident with her assistant trying to steal her work back in Germany that she finally motivated herself to double down and put her nose in her research. 

Quin shook from her thoughts and started up the boat. With her, Marisala, and several of her crew members, they set off. "Alright everyone! Do we know the game plan?!" Quin yelled out to her crew on the boat over the roaring of the boat and the waves.

Mari raised her hand and wildly waved it around. Causing some laughs amongst the crew when she nonchalantly kept playfully whacking the people beside her. To which they playfully shoved her. 

"Oh! Oh! Teacher! Me! Me! Pick me!" She called out in her unique mixed playful accent. Quin narrowed her eyes at her and the faintest of a smirk showed on her face. "Yez Ms. Sanchez?"

"Okay! So… the game plan is that we're on a joint expedition led by Moi and you! To prove this theory you have about the future and destinies?"

"Exactly. More or lezz." The stoic scientist responded curtly.

Another member of the crew raised their hand in question. To which she nodded in response.

“What has inspired this research?” They asked.

Quin was quiet for a minute until she replied with, "That information will be releazed when this provez to be a positive outcome. Anything elze?"

“Oh, okay…” They mumbled. Lowering their hand.

Another raised their hand and asked, "Uh, yeah, I've been meaning to ask this for a while. What does this have to do with our current occupation and why are we out in the middle of nowhere?"

"To that, I will zay that since this iz technically a project that I've ztarted before I came to thiz business. Thiz theory has recently proved that if we follow the cluez, we will find a new aquatic speciez that will make wavez in our fieldz of ztudiez. Proving that humanity can reach higher mental levelz with each other and the other species around uz…. Everyone ready? We're almost to the first checkpoint. Az we all know, Dave will man the boat while the two teams are out. And the backup crew of four will stay behind just in caze. Underztand?!"

"Ay, ay!!!" They all shouted while some saluted, including Mari with a large grin while her bright blonde wavy hair whipped in the wind.

They soon anchored at the first stop and both Quin and her three divers dropped into the ocean and began their search. Quin looked up back to the boat and commed the driver to go to the next checkpoint. And as she saw the boat drive away, she immediately felt that they weren't alone, and all the life that was swimming around them gradually thinned out. And the ocean waters grew eerily silent.