Chapter Ten

"So?"

Iris' voice startles me as soon as I get seated in the car. I stare at her.

"So?"

She looks taken aback by my calm demeanour before her eyes widen and she shakes me lightly by the shoulder.

"Wait. Did you punch him in his face or something?" She almost yells, eyeing my knuckles.  

"Your hand looks totally fine though. OH MY GOD! Did he punch you? But even your face looks fine. Can you say something before I-" 

I chuckle at her and she looks surprised. She's cute.

"Iris, calm down please. First of all, I don't know what makes you think of the possibility that we might have punched each other. We just talked. But seriously? Punch?"

She looks down at her hand, feeling extremely embarrassed. Yeah, she might have overreacted a bit.

"I have a few questions though."

"Ask away!" Her embarrassment seems to have vanished just as quickly as it came. She looked enthusiastic about answering my questions.

"What was Xavi doing at the café? I mean, I get the fact that the rest of the boys are friends but Xavi? Isn't he a 'new' transfer student?"  I put emphasis on the word, 'new'. 

How do people even make friends this quick? I wish I had the talent so I didn't have to cling onto Iris all the time. 

"Oh, about that!" A smile forms on her lips. 

"Remember when I told you that I heard the name 'Xavi' somewhere before? And no, I'm not talking about your fictional crush. Well, he's one of Adrien's best friend who went on to study abroad, soon after you left town. I think he was there at my birthday party too but I'm not too sure about that? Looks like they're still friends. It's a given though as he stayed abroad, he wouldn't have many friends after returning."

Is that why he called me birdie and already knew my name? Adrien must have told him.

I nod understandingly and Iris tells me about how Xavi has been a secluded person even as a kid, the reason for her to almost forget who he was. From what Iris informs me, It seems like he only hanged around Adrien for the time that he was here and still is.

Maybe I was wrong about him making friends this quick. 

For the most of my life, I had wished that I was more like Iris. She always has been a very extroverted and friendly person and now that I think about it, the only person I ever talked to in class or made friends with has been Iris. 

The fact that I never noticed Xavi and Adrien, or even knew their name even though Adrien was Iris' friend shows how I have lived under a rock for the most of my life. 

I really need to start putting in more effort. 

I sigh and face her. "What's Jennie up to? I feel bad for leaving without saying anything to her that day."

Iris stops the car just across my home. 

"Jennie called me the other day asking about you and kept yelling about how much of a douchebag his brother was for letting you go like that. She's out for a while on a fashion designing programme that could last a few months. She was upset she didn't get to say goodbye and asked me to give you her number if you want to talk about something or maybe just rant about her brother?" 

Great.. another person I lost the chance to bond with.

"I would love to have her number." I say to Iris and she quickly pulls out her phone, giving me the number.

I wave her goodbye and walk back home with a smile on my face. 

This time not hitting my head on the door. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aly, let's have dinner together." 

I look over to my brother, spreading the Chinese takeout on the table. A smile appears on my face instantly. 

I really want to spend more time with Liam.

I drop my bag on the chair, washing my hands, I make my way to the table.

"What's the special occasion?" I ask him, picking up the chopsticks in the process. 

"I'm getting married."

The chopsticks slip from my hands and I look at him with complete shock on my face. What the?

"Just kidding. Do we really need a special occasion for us to be having dinner together?"

I stare at him.

Well, he's right but he scared the living shit out of me.

"Liam!"

"What? Did I say something wrong?" He was laughing at my antics. 

The audacity.

"Not at all but don't do that again. I might as well take it as a joke the next time you tell me that you're getting married even if it's for real."

"Noted."

We spend the rest of dinner talking about all sorts of things.

Our topics changing from absurd to serious and then back. He asks me if am coping well with high school pressure and if I have made any new friends except Iris. 

Did I? Does Max count? Or Jennie whom I have met only once or twice? Or Dave and Justin? Adrien? Xavi? I'm not too sure. But maybe if I try, I could really make friends.

"Any boys?" His question brings me back from my trail of thoughts. 

I almost choke on my food. He pushes a glass of water towards me, his expression serious but the little smile playing on his lips doesn't go unnoticed.

"Nope. None at all." I say and get up from my seat.

I'm glad that we are still able to have light hearted conversations like this.

He bids me goodnight and I walk up to my room. Genuinely happy after a long time.

Goodnight, Liam. 

Not gonna lie, I kinda forgot about Liam for a while there.

Thoughts on Xavi? He was there at the party 6 years back?

Thank you for coming this far. Fast updates on it's way!

xoxo

ROSEGOLD