Chapter Twenty One

The classes were cut short for the day in order for us to do the necessary arrangements for the upcoming program.

Most of the students were rushing off to go back home. Their faces were glowing and not a hint of stress. If anyone would have looked closely at them during the mid-terms and then would have compared them from now, they would notice a drastic change.

I was reconsidering my decision for volunteering today. I could have just stayed home and read fanfictions. 

"Let's get to the auditorium. We need to arrange the chairs."

Adrien and I were one of the few students standing in the hallway. Iris and the others were already setting up the chairs.

"Yeah. Let's go." I smile at him.

There really haven't been any serious incident which makes me wonder. Was it Adrien? But the confession? Do I want it to be Adrien? Wouldn't that change things between us?

"Come on, Aly! Let's finish this row up." 

I walk towards Iris as Adrien makes his way towards Xavi and the rest of the boys. My brown eyes meet his grey ones just for a brief moment before I turn away and get to work.

Not the time to catch feelings. 

But what if he likes you? No way. He constantly cares for you though? He said that any other friend would do the same. He calls you birdie? Adrien started that.

I argue with my subconscious the entire time while decorating the stage. 

Two hours. It took us two hours to get the work done. We all were so tired at the end and slumped down on the floor. We laid on our backs for the next half an hour until Max sits up.

"Let's play!"

"I'm not moving." Xavi groans.

"You don't have to. We'll play truth or dare. No tiring tasks allowed!"

Iris and I get up and the rest do the same. We knew it was no use arguing with Max. He would probably force us to play if we didn't.

I'm glad we were already forming a circle, so we didn't have to move.

Max doesn't waste anymore time and grabs a bottle from his bag before placing it on the ground and spinning it.

The game went on with Justin tickling Dave to the point of death on Adrien's instructions. It wasn't even a dare for Justin. Poor Dave was struggling to breathe. Max dumped water on himself as the dare. I was having fun until the bottle came to a stop between me and Max. 

"Truth." I answer him. I don't think I can keep up with the dares.

"Do you want to kiss Xavi?" My eyes snap to him.

What did I ever do to you, Max?

With Xavi sitting directly opposite to me, his eyes expectant for my answer, I decide it was best to play safe. 

"Dare." 

Everyone in the group was enjoying the turn of events. Well, except me. I wanted to dig a hole for myself, crawl in it and never come back.

"Okay. That's interesting. I dare you to kiss Adrien. And may I add, on the lips." 

Max had a smug grin on his face. I felt like my eyes would bulge out of my sockets anytime now. He said, no tiring tasks. This is tiring. To me!

I turn to look at Adrien, sitting right next to me on the left. Not too bothered by his friend's demands.

Am I the only one burning here?

With a quick glance towards Xavi, he leans in close. His eyes flickering from my eyes to my lips. 

His sudden action takes me by surprise and I audibly gasp. He tilts his head a little, dipping even closer if that was possible. Our lips almost touching. 

I'm sure everyone could hear my heartbeat by now and notice the blush deepening. I blink a few times, trying to distract myself with his lips so close to mine. 

"Actually, NEVER HAVE I EVER-"

"That's not the game!" Max yells out at my not so smooth but quick save. 

Adrien chuckles softly, his minty breath evading my senses before he pulls back, going to his previous position.

Damn. That was close.

Would he have kissed me if I didn't interrupt or was he actually taking it slow on purpose, waiting for me to back out?

I clear my throat and accidently look at Xavi. He smiles at me.

But this time, I knew it was a fake one.

--------------------------------------------------

"Hey Iris! Would you mind if I dropped Alisson home instead?"

We were walking out the empty school. The sun had almost set, creating a deep orange hue through the glass doors and windows.

Iris looks at me, asking my opinion.

"Go ahead. I'll be fine." With the assurance from me, she smiles before rushing out of the school.

I walk with Adrien to his car. 

This is awkward. 

"There is something I want to tell you."

I ask him to continue, a little nervous at his serious tone.

"But I think it's better if you see it yourself. That way, you will be more likely to believe it and there will be no misunderstandings unlike that one time. I can't hide this anymore, it's seriously driving me insane and if I don't take this step. I think you will never get anything cleared."

What is he talking about? What can't he hide?

As if answering the questions in my mind, he speaks up again.

"Go back inside. Trust me. You'll get all your answers."

I head back just as he insisted. On reaching the glass door, I turn around to find Adrien nowhere in sight.

Strange. But I have to trust him.

With a deep breath, I push open the door and take a few steps. The faint sound of shuffling coming from down the hallway makes me walk towards it. But I stop in my tracks, completely stunned when I see the hoodie clad figure stepping out from the office.

With a spray paint in one hand and his bag in the other, he finally looks up and spots me. I easily recognise the bag I had seen not too while ago. 

Holy Shit.

Are you still confused? I am :) 

P.S. I am a complete inexperienced romance writer. Before I wrote that scene from the auditorium, I thought I was hopeless but I guess we are improving? Hmm.

xoxo

ROSEGOLD.