Chapter Eleven

I wake up tired, my hand fumbling on the bedside table to find the source of the annoying sound.

I hate alarm clocks. 

I get myself cleaned up. Contemplating on wearing a hoodie or not, I throw on a random red tee and black jeans, deciding against it. Slinging the backpack over one shoulder, I make my way down stairs.

"You didn't leave for school yet?" I ask Liam, who was leaning against the kitchen counter, drinking coffee. He passes the other cup towards me.

"I have a test I didn't study for."

On hearing this, I smack his arms lightly.

"What are you? A ten year old?"

Before he answers, my phone rings and I bring it to my ear.

"Hi. Yes, I'm up. Mmhm. Sure, you can."

"Who was it?" Liam questions me, placing the empty cup in the sink.

"Iris. She wanted some coffee before leaving. So I called her in."

He nods and walks back into his room.

The doorbell rings and I slide the door open.

"Hi babe." Her voice rings.

"Hey. Come on in, it's cold outside." I pull Iris in and shut the door .

Getting a spare cup from the rack, I make some hot coffee for her while she sits next to the counter, her nails tapping lightly on the marble.

"What's Liam up to these days? I remember us having a better bond when we were kids. Now, I don't even get to say hi."

Before I could tell her, she goes on ranting.

"Remember that one time he accidently dropped a glass of orange juice on me? He kept apologising and he was so so cute."  A wide grin was visible on her face.

"Who was?" 

The voice seemed to have startled Iris because she almost jumps from her seat before turning to me and mouthing something along the lines of, He was home?

I wanted to tell her that he had a test he didn't study for but then decided against it. Don't want to get on his bad side.

Iris turns to face Liam, her voice clear.

"You. You were cute." 

Thank Heavens! She didn't stutter.

Liam moves closer to her, leaning in, his hands grab an apple from the counter, the action trapping Iris between his arms. He swiftly moves back on getting a hold of it but not before whispering.

"I can be so much more now, you know?" Taking a bite from his apple, he walks back. A smug expression on his face, the entire time.

From the corner of my eyes, I could see Iris heating up and the fact that Liam was shirtless didn't help her.

Did I just accidently third-wheel? Yes. Yes, I did. 

Liam waves at us while leaning on the front door. Iris, now avoiding his gaze at all costs.

I smile, not teasing her about the situation since she was embarrassed enough.

Not my fault though.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Students were crowding in the hallway. Occasionally whispering and peeking in the Principal's office.

Did something happen?

The moment we stepped in, the atmosphere seemed to be different, completely not normal. You could just feel it.

Iris and I look at each other, confused.

Although it was common in many schools to finds students spreading rumours in the hallways or a so called queen bee appearing out of nowhere to curse at the 'new girl', couples making out in the janitor's closet but all of this didn't happen here. At least, I never heard of it nor did I encounter any queen bee.

We all looked the same, normal high school students, stressing over exams and hating on certain teacher or giving them various names.

But the sight in front of me was new.

Even though all the students were talking in hushed voices, hearing them all together was chaotic. 

"What in the world is going on?" Iris questions me, staring ahead at the sight in front of her.

"No clue."

As if everything in front of us wasn't confusing enough, we hear a few teachers and the honourable principal yelling and running at the same time.

"Stop!"
"Stop right there or you will have to face the consequences."

My attention turns towards the figure running ahead of them. Black jeans, black shoes and a black hood covering most of his face, exposing only his lips.

He lightly bumps into me, his hand shooting up on instinct to keep his hood in place before dashing up the stairs. 

Can he even see? Well, that's not the big question, Aly! Who the hell is he?

A few seconds later, the other teachers , a security guard and the principal follow close behind, taking the same path as him.

Shock was visible on everyone's face.

What just happened?

I hope you enjoyed the new twist to the story!

I'm really excited for the new updates. I hope you are too :)

xoxo

ROSEGOLD