Chapter Twelve

The crowd in the corridor starts to clear as a voice through the speakers bring us out of our trance.

"Attention students! We want everyone in the hallways to make their way back into the classes. Your teachers will join you shortly."

Ok. So no explanation whatsoever.

We walk to our English class. Both of us trying to process the situation.

"Hey Max!" I call over to him.

Not you trying to be social now...Shut up, subconscious. 

"Do you have any idea about what's going on?"

He's quick to reply.

"Except the fact that a hoodie clad boy seemed to have poured oil into the Principal's office which resulted in him falling on his butt. I don't know anything."

My eyes widen at that.

Poured oil? Who had the guts to do that?

"Did you see him in the hallway?" Justin questions me.

"Nope. He bumped into me but made sure that his hood was intact."

"He bumped into you?!" They all yell back in unison.

I roll my eyes and slouch back comfortably on the chair. Iris was still trying to make sense of the situation. 

Actually everyone is.

"Who do you think the so called 'hoodie guy' is?" Iris speaks. 

I shrug, clearly having no clue and get back to the worksheets in front of me.

Xavi walks in a minute later and as if on instinct, I scan his outfit. White t-shirt, black jeans and shoes.

Black jeans? Was it Xavi? 

I turn back and scan everyone's outfit. All of them in black jeans and shoes. What the-

"Where did you go, Adrien?" Dave's voice grabs my attention.

"Washroom." He simply answers and takes a seat behind mine.

I try to recall my memory of when he bumped into me but it was of no help. Majority of the class had black on. No hoodies though.

Well, the last part wasn't completely true as everyone who was wearing a black hoodie was called to the auditorium. 

And the fact that I was about to wear a black hoodie today...

"What are you thinking about?" I turn to look at Xavi, who took a seat next to me.

"The person I just bumped into."

"The black hoodie guy?" He asks.

"How do you know who I bumped into?" I question, eyeing him intently.

He shifts under my gaze and I grow suspicious but before I could question him further, Adrien speaks up.

"Everyone saw that, Alisson. You were literally in the middle of the hallway."

I think about it.

"Weren't you in the washroom, Adrien?" I heavily emphasise the word, 'washroom'.

He blinks twice before opening his mouth and closing it back again.

"Are you doubting us?" Xavi cuts in. 

I look at the rest of the group. Their eyes moving from me to Xavi to Adrien and then back again at me. An amused look on their faces.

"Just trying to play Sherlock Holmes before the chance slips away." I mutter to him.

He chuckles and turns back to solve his set of worksheets, not before saying something almost inaudible. 

Almost.

"You really have the power to lighten any situation, birdie."

Short Chapter but trust me, it's good. P.S. It's a double update!

xoxo

ROSEGOLD