Chapter Nineteen

Exams. 

The one word that every student out there, dreads. I have been so consumed with the recent events at school that I hadn't revised for the mid-terms at all. 

I felt like crying and pulling my hair out of frustration.

Shouldn't have played Sherlock Holmes and wasted my time.

I tried to study but I found myself getting distracted every time when Adrien spoke, when Max cracked a joke and when Xavi glanced my way.

But I really couldn't help it.

With each passing day, I wanted to spend more time with them. They made me feel more like myself and I wasn't scared of interaction anymore. For some, it may not be a big deal but for me, it was.

I know how hard it is to come to school without a pen but not being able to ask someone for it, how hard it is to have doubts about a subject and not being able to clear it from the teacher, how hard it is to get your periods in class and not being able to ask for help. All this just because you are introverted and anxious, most of the time.

I have gone through it and I know it's hard. Am I finally out of my shell? Maybe not. But I'm getting there. Step by step, and the boys are one of the reasons for it and I can't be thankful enough. 

But they're distracting. Very distracting.

"Have you started revising bio, Aly?"

Iris' voice rings in my right ear. I have been laying with my head down at the desk from the past fifteen minutes or so as the teacher wasn't in the classroom. Xavi kept whispering and asking me if I was okay and I gave him a thumbs up every time, too lazy to speak.

"I'm still in the second chapter. It's giving me a headache." 

Xavi chuckles beside me and I shoot up, glaring at him.

"Don't you dare." I warn him.

"What? I haven't said anything." He defends.

"You were laughing at me."

"I was laughing, yes. But not at you, it was at this meme, Justin sent to me." He waves the phone in front of my eyes.

If I keep up this mood, they will probably think I'm on my periods, which am not. So I mumble a 'sorry' and get back to sulking. 

I will have to study right after I get home.

"Attention seniors! Please report to the auditorium right now."

Again? Is it about the hoodie guy?

Everyone got up from their seat and I lazily trailed behind, walking to the auditorium.

I think I have finally used up all my battery, socializing.

"Good Morning Students."

At the sound of the Principal's voice, bile rises up my throat. I clench my fist, swallowing it back.

The audacity of this man to still stand up there. He deserves to rot in hell.

"I am glad to announce that there haven't been any unusual incidents in the past week. We are also confident that it won't happen again, with Mr. Shane on the lookout."

As if. They don't even know about the lollipop incident. 

"Back to the main topic. Your mid-terms are supposed to begin in three days. I hope all of you are prepared. There will be an important event taking place, once the exams get over. It is mandatory for all of you to attend with the honourable Chairman being present for it."

"Now for those of you, who want to volunteer in organising the event can give their names for it. You will have stay back for a day to help you get the work done. I hope everything is clear. You may go back to your classes."

With his final words, everyone scurried out of the auditorium.

Three days. I really have to ace the exams.

"Do you want to volunteer in organising?" Iris questions me, bringing me out of my thoughts.

Do I want to?

Seeing me hesitate a little, she continues explaining how we would actually have fun during the stay back since exams would be over and no one would be willing to volunteer after it. According to her, it'll be the best thing to do. So I agree. Her enthusiasm was on the next level. Even the boys had to agree to her plan.

Well. There's nothing to lose. We wouldn't have the stress of exams either.

--------------------------------------------------

Walking back to the car with Iris after barely making through the rest of the classes, I had only one goal in mind.

To study.

"Where is your car?"

"There wasn't any parking in here. I had to park out, on the other side of the road." Iris sighs.

We walk out the main gate. Iris walks in quick steps while I take my time, following her.

Oh shit. Did I leave my house key in the locker?

I frantically search through my bag first, bringing it to the front while trying to keep up with Iris.

"Birdie, NO!"

It's all I hear before a car crashes onto me, my mind going completely blank at the impact. I struggle to keep my eyes open, blinking as hard as I could. Afraid that if it closes, I won't be able to open it again. Blood, screams, Iris and a blurred figure clutching my fragile body is all I remember before I finally give in and fall into the abyss.

"You can't die, birdie. Stay with me. Please."

Sorry not sorry for this chapter. 

I'm equally as shocked as you are. Don't worry :)

xoxo

ROSEGOLD.