Chapter Fifteen

The entire of the week at school had been terrible, with Mr. Shane keeping his eyes on all of us and randomly appearing behind different student's lockers and enquiring them about the most absurd of things.

When we question Adrien the next day about storming into the Principal's office, he shrugged it off by saying that he had complaints regarding Mr. Shane opening his locker without his permission.

How unusual.

The excuse obviously seemed like it was made up but there wasn't much we could do about it.

No new incidents actually took place the next week, which made everyone think that the so called 'hoodie guy' had gotten scared of Mr. Shane and the Principal's words.

But things really took a turn when we walked into school, the next day. 

There, on the walls and bulletin boards of the hallway were inappropriate pictures of the Principal, with different girls. Some, even with minors.

I felt disgusted. 

So, he really was that kind of person after all, huh?

The teachers were snatching the pictures of the walls, motioning for us to get going.

Covering up for such a horrible person?

"Stop! You can't get yourself out of this!" Mr. Shane's voice was loud.

I turn to see the same black hooded boy from that day , running away from him.

I don't really know what got into me, but I hand my backpack to Iris', signalling her to go to class as I run after him. 

I keep running until I reach the end of the block, bending a little, I try to catch my breath.

He was nowhere to be seen.

I plan on giving up and returning back to class when I hear quick foot steps behind me. I turn around as the black clad boy halts himself to a stop, right before me. His hood still in place, he looks back and then again at me, as if asking for help.

What should I do? Should I pull his hood down and reveal who he is? Let him get caught or do I help him?

Now that I think about it, he had done nothing except expose the wrongdoings of the Principal. He hasn't harmed anyone in the process. He's just doing what the others couldn't have even dreamt of. 

I wonder how many more students have been the victim of the Principal's actions? Or could be in the future?

The boy in front of me is not the villain here. The Principal is. If there's anything the boy is, he's a hero. 

With that thought in mind, I signal him to go ahead. Mr. Shane's voice could now be heard from not too far.

"Did you see him?" He pants heavily.

"Yes." I answer quickly and take him to the other side of the block.

He would never find him.

---------------------------------------------------

I get back to my class after fifteen minutes. Mr. Shane thanked me for helping him out even though I wasn't really helpful to him in anyway.

The hoodie boy should be thanking me, not you, Mr. Shane.

I take my seat beside Xavi, who sends a smile my way. I gladly return it.

"Where did you go?" Iris questions.

"Just here and there."

Everyone furrows their brow in confusion but don't question me further.

"The rumours tell me, you went after the 'he, who shall not be named'." Max whispers, which earns him a smack on his head from Dave as Justin reminds him that we don't know his name anyway.

I actually feel proud for helping him out.

I'm sure he has something up his sleeve for exposing the Principal, who not so cleverly dismissed the pictures as photoshops. Which they so clearly weren't.

He should've at least thanked me. I pout to myself.

"Who?" 

Shit. Did I say that out loud?

I look behind, to see Adrien staring at me. I shrug it off.

"Just someone."

I'm sure the group thinks that I've gone crazy because of the looks each one of them are giving me.

I instead, smile back cheekily at them.

----------------------------------------------

"I'll wait by the car." 

Iris informs me and walks out.

I open my locker and take out the worksheets I need to complete. My eyes land on something and I keep myself from yelling by placing a hand on my mouth. I reach for it with my other hand.

This can't be real.

There, right in front of my eyes was a sparkly object, a little bird art on the front. A sticky note was placed on top of it, with the words

'THANK YOU'

My Diary.

I really put in a lot of effort in this chapter, I hope you enjoyed it!

Let me know, how you liked it.

xoxo

ROSEGOLD