New Beginnings Part 1

I never believed in Heaven or Hell. Even when people would wake up in buckets of sweat claiming they "saw the light", I merely saw it as craziness.

And yet, here I'm standing... or moving, I don't know. All I know is there's a damn bright light in front of my eyes and it's getting closer.

I was pretty sure I died, only remembering a sort of lingering pain after someone sneaked up behind me during a mission. Thinking to myself I said, 'Well, I guess that answers my question.' There were a pretty wide range of people who would want to kill me, so I had no choice but to assume it was the son of some noble I killed who wanted revenge or something like that, especially so since I was his right hand and most trusted ally.

After realizing how damn slow I was moving, I took the next few moments to think for a bit. 'Nobody like me would go to Heaven, probably. Especially with the number that I've killed.' I thought to myself.

When I finally reached the end, I was bombarded with blurred browns and reds, and muffled noises were the only thing I could hear. However after hearing a weak cry from the right of me, I realized I could only produce said noises myself.

"Congratulations Sir, Madam, they are healthy twin boys." the voice became clearer.

Now normally, one would think something along the lines of 'Have I just been reborn?' but I just got depressing for a moment. 'Wow. So that probably means the ones who came back from that light were probably stillborn.' My deepest condolence to all families who went through that. In my line of work, you don't hear that often.

Assessing my options, I noticed I could understand the language, which already made this new life SO much easier. Moments after my vision finally decided to focus, I took in my surroundings. My doctor, an old, bespectacled man was much different than I'd imagined. No gown, hell, there wasn't even a hospital. Not to mention, his wrinkled face and greying hair didn't do him much justice.

The room had to have been the result of some satanic ritual, considering how dimly lit it was and the form of light being candles. No, matter of fact, we're on a bed of STRAW.

Turning to the man who I assumed would be my father, his sharp and clean shaven face, ashen brown hair and azure blue eyes, strong eyebrows accenting the masculinity his face had, I thought he would be a tough, strong father. All to be ruined by his huge grin and teary eyes. I had all but changed my opinion of him entirely.

Tearing my eyes away, I found my mother, permeating a motherly warmth, much like my own mother before that happened... She had a gentle face, perky nose, distinct auburn hair and brown eyes, giving off an overall lovely beauty type feeling.

Moments after peeling my gaze away from her, I heard, "Hi Little Art, Little Jay, I'm your daddy. Can you say dada?" and I deadpanned at the sheer idiocy of that sentence, sincerely hoping it was the emotions of having children causing it. In my peripheral's, I saw my(presumed) doctor roll his eyes, while my mother scoffed.

"Honey, they were just born." I could understand these two were a couple based on that conversation alone. With my father being a somewhat lovable idiot and my mother being a motherly type of person, their dynamic fit well.

"Oh, yeah." My father laughed sheepishly. When he calmed down a bit, he looked a bit puzzled. "By the way doctor, neither of them are crying. I thought newborns were supposed to cry when they're born. What's the deal with that?" He asked.

I finished observing my surroundings when I heard the doctor replying, "Yes, there are some cases in which the infant will not cry. Please, continue resting for a few more days, Mrs. Leywin, and let me know if anything happens to your boys."

The following couple weeks were absolute hell for me. Little to no motor control over my limbs nor excretion. Also, fun fact, babies don't grab your finger because they like you, it's just a reflex. In other words, my experience with babies has been a lie. I feel a bit betrayed, to be honest.

On the bright side though, I can be lazy and relax, compared to my last life. Although, my brother wasn't like any typical baby. Also, I found out my name is Jayden, and my brother's name is Arthur.

I also found out we were born in our parents' room. I actually hoped this world was one without electricity, but I completely removed it from my mind the day I witnessed my mother healing my brother after our father had both recklessly and carelessly swung him around.

Not some lame motherly bandage-and-kiss kind of heal, it was the full blown green light, wound closing aura emitting from my mothers hand, that actually led to me wondering where the hell I was and why.

A/N:

WASSUP LOSERS!!!!!

I'm back and ready to roll, I hope you all are into this as much as I am. I do apologize for taking such a long time, I am indeed working on something else in addition to this.

But in any case, I will be joining the discord I've heard so much about eventually, when I have a few more chapters up.

Remember to stay tuned for the next chapters to come, my friends!