Assimilation

"AAAGGHHHH!! Tess! Stop! I give! I GIVE!" a voice cried out, stirring me from my once peaceful sleep.

"Ugh. They're at it again." I flopped out of bed and headed to Arthur's room next to me, where a chaotic Tessia and a whining Arthur were located.

"Arthur, you need to stop sleeping like a damn log, so I wake up from the chaos you two create."

"See! Even Jay agrees with me!" Tessia exclaimed.

"Sheesh. Can't there be a gentler way of waking me up, Tess?" he grumbled, massaging his leg.

"Pfft, she twisted your ankle with mana again?" I grinned.

He glared at me, clearly unamused.

"It's getting harder and harder to wake you up in the morning! I have to do something, right? Besides, you should be grateful such a pretty lady is waking you up every morning." She fluttered her eyes at him.

He muttered something I couldn't hear under his breath. But she must've heard though, because whatever he said earned him a firm squeeze to his side.

Something we realized during the three years we'd lived here in Elenoir was that Elves awakened much earlier than Humans did. Compared to the average human age of about thirteen years old, Elves awoke at about the age of ten.

Tessia actually had awakened quite fast, even for an Elf. It happened last year and boy did she awaken with a bang. It wasn't as big as when we had first awakened but she had managed to destroy her room upstairs, fall down, and create a small crater from the implosion in the kitchen right below.

Since then, she's been joining Arthur in training with Gramps. All I can say is, since awakening, she's become a lot more confident and bold, in more bad ways than good. She knows how strong our bodies are so she had no hesitation in using us as her sandbag as she tried new spells that she learned from Grandpa Virion and other conjurer teachers. What she just didn't seem to get after all of our(more so Arthur's) cries was that we still felt pain, dammit!

As for Arthur, today was a very special day because, after three years, he was finally able to complete the assimilation of mana into my body. I could sense it, and he probably could too. It was almost our birthday's so while Tess had turned nine a couple months ago, we'll be finally turning eight.

During this time, Arthur wasn't allowed to absorb any mana from the surroundings and only allowed to use innate mana formed from his mana core to spread it into his body. Today was the final step that took place once a beast tamer finished his assimilation.

Arthur Leywin

I skipped showering and just changed into a more presentable robe, tucking the stone, into my robe before heading out into the courtyard with Tess.

"Finally awake now, eh Art? How did your wife wake you up today? Haha!" Grandpa Virion mused as he sipped his tea on the small table outside.

"Ugh, wife? Where? I didn't know you could marry demons. You're turning her into a monster, Gramps," I groaned.

Luckily Tess wasn't able to overhear as she came outside just moments after. But of course, Jayden just had to ruin it.

"She's going to grow up into a fine woman, Art. Better sweep her off her feet before it's too late," He chuckled, lifting his teacup in a toast.

"He has a point. You guys're gonna marry anyway, so why wait? You might as well practice?" Jayden said in a teasing tone.

Tess just blushed at that and elbowed my side.

"AGGH!" Why? What did I do?"

"Hahaha! Art! Are you ready? Today is finally the day. After this, you'll be a true beast tamer, not like those lucky adventurers that just have a beast will," He emphasized, arms crossed.