Adventure's Begin

"So what do we do? I need to work on some stuff, but what about you guys?" I asked as we went to receive our guild cards.

The same receptionist that guided us to the examination hall was the one who gave us our cards, Arthur's card being bronze-colored, and mine being bright gold.

"Also, what's your relationship with Kaspian?" I added as we put our Guild cards away.

"He's an acquaintance of my father," she said simply with a cold chill to her voice.

'Well. He sure seems like a nice guy," I said sarcastically.

"In any case, what do we do next?"

She pondered for a bit.

There were several options. We could do missions that were at, or below, our ranks. These missions included a variety of tasks, from guarding to acquiring specific items.

We could also transport ourselves to the Beast Glades and explore while hunting down mana beasts. Or...

"Dungeon-exploring," Jasmine answered, a faint smile forming on her face.

From the comfort of Arthur's coat, Sylvie let out an excited chirp at the idea of exploring a dungeon but he remained silent, staring at the two swords strapped to the back of his waist.

'Looks like he's thinking about the fight with Kaspian.'

Yeah. He's only just now realizing how much he's been relying on the magic of this world. Chances are, he'll work on his swordsmanship alone for the next two or three years to make up for his dwindling skill.

'Guaranteed.'

Lost in his thoughts, Arthur didn't realize he bumped into a certainly pesky blond Elf noble. Lucas Wykes, I think it was.

"You're not bad for an augmenter, but that's all you are. Don't get cocky because we happen to be in the same class.

Even in the same ranks there are levels, and you would be at the bottom. Know your place, commoner!" he spat venomously.

The blonde Half-Elf squirt let out a smirk while intentionally leaning his head back so he could look down on him. The fact that his height was a fair bit shorter than Arthur's just made him look silly.

'And stupid, haha.'

I chuckled. "That's pretty funny, coming from a single-element mage who can't even control his own spell," I commented, stepping up to him.

I approached him close enough for our eyes to meet. I learned a neat little trick with Ice magic, being able to will a bit up to my eyes, where I was able to cover my pupil with an extremely thin layer of Ice mana, giving it an Ice-White color, just like my dagger.

"You seem to be so confident in your little spellcasting. I must say, I really don't like you. If you know what's good for you, don't get cocky and know your place," I said as I let some mana seep into my vocal cords, distorting my voice slightly.

"Arax. Let's go to the portal," Arthur reprimanded as he and Jasmine walked away. "He's not even worth it."

"Yeah," I replied as I slowly backed off in their direction. "I'll show you true Fire magic if we ever meet, boy," I taunted as I broke eye contact and turned away, my eyes returning to their original Azure color.

Catching up with the two, Arthur shot me a curious look. "What was that all about? You just met him and there's already bad blood?" he asked me as we walked toward the portal.

"Something about him doesn't sit right with me," I simplified.

"Really?" They looked at me curiously, intrigued by my answer.