Intermission(Master and Disciple)

**The City of Elenoir**

Virion Eralith

"So, how is she progressing in her training?"

"Tessia is doing extremely well, contrary to my initial expectations. It seems she isn't just a Princess for show. You have taught her well." Cynthia spoke through the transmission scroll.

"Your thanks are wasted on this old man, but nevertheless, it is no question she's grown at an unprecedented rate even amongst Elves.

Perhaps it is because of those brats that she's so motivated," I mused, remembering my time with Jayden and Arthur.

"Brats? You took on a disciple?" A curious expression could be read on her face.

"Indeed. Two talents unlike any I've seen previously. One a Beast Tamer of inconceivable prowess in the sword, and the other a mana manipulation prodigy of this generation."

"You took on two disciples?! Just who could they have been for the Virion Eralith to take them on as disciples?"

I smiled mischievously, bringing a single finger to my lips.

"That's my secret to know."

"Tsk. Well, I should at least expect this much from an old geezer like you. As for Tessia..."

"As for Tessia?"

"She's working hard. Even though it's already been almost two years, she's a diligent student and hard-working apprentice. It would also seem that she's gained quite the reputation around the academy." She chuckled lightly.

"Can you believe it? She's been called the 'Lunar Goddess'."

"Lunar Goddess? At this age? What sort of children are attending your academy to be using such dramatic nicknames? What next, is someone going to be called the Dark Lord or something?" I laughed humorously.

"Let them be, old man!" She chastised. "They may already be mages, but they're still children."

"Hm. Speaking of children, that boy of interest should be attending sometime this year, right?"

I remembered our last conversation about how she found two interesting boys.

Although, I already knew she was talking about Jayden and Arthur.

"Ah, yes. Tessia will be officially attending Xyrus Academy as a first year at the same time Jayden will.

They'll both be shadowing the Student Council their first years, before taking up positions the following year."

How interesting.

**

Tessia Eralith

"Look, it's her! It's the Lunar Goddess, man!"

"I know! Now I can die happy!"

Whispers of my presence pestered me. My name became known the moment I stepped foot on academy grounds.

Not only would I be next year's Student Council Vice President, I was known to be Cynthia Goodsky's disciple.

The Cynthia Goodsky, who was known to have taken not one disciple, took me as her very first student.

News spread like a wildfire and I ended up in this position.

"Tessia, dear? Are you alright? You're spacing out." I heard Master Cynthia's voice pull me out of my thoughts.

"Ah, I apologize. I was lost in thought."

We continued walking the ever empty hallways, passing through a pair of doors that led to the inner courtyard.

"Master Cynthia, I don't doubt your teachings at all but... what does bringing me out here have to do with our training this time?" I questioned; it was a common occurrence during my time as her student to ask questions.

"Tessia, oh Tessia. There are times when even the strong must rest. When the fast must slow down, when the smart must comprehend less. Such is the purpose of this lesson."

"I'm sorry? I don't follow?" Master Cynthia was always a perplexing woman, but I had to ask myself whether she was sane a few times.

"No, you don't. Which is why you must slow down. Do not think carefully, but simply. Make not endless hard work, but boundless ambition." The elderly woman patted my shoulder as we sat down on a bench.

"You've been my student for almost two years now and what have I learned of you? That you're the Elf Princess? My student? The granddaughter of a longtime friend?"

She shook her head. "These things are true, but they are not the right answers, dear.

You are a young woman who has grown to become a wonderful Conjurer, who has worked hard so as to not taint the Eralith name, and quite possibly, just maybe, made efforts to catch up to someone of adoration."

My eyes widened, a slight blush in my cheeks as I felt blood rushing through my face.

"W-what do you mean?"

She laughed heartily. "Tessia, do you really think I wouldn't have known something such as a first love at my age? It's obvious at a glance that you don't work this hard just for your family.

You have a goal in mind. Your mindset is that of a woman who so desperately wants to catch the attention of a man she loves, to catch up to that man and prove herself worthy of his love."

I looked down at my lap guiltily, my face hot from all the blood that rushed to my cheeks as I sighed.

"Who am I kidding? You're right. I guess I really am in love. I've been working so hard all for one boy. All because I promised I would catch up to him."

Just remembering Arthur made me miss him.

"The thought of seeing him again made me excited, so I wanted to work extra hard, and show him how strong I got."

It was just a glance but I could tell what that expression meant any day of the week.

Sudden understanding.

Master Cynthia finally began chuckling to herself, shoulders trembling.

"M-Master Cynthia? Is everything okay?"

After calming down, she waved it off. "Yes, I'm fine, thank you. I just never expected the situation to be like this."

Confusion filled my mind once more as I wracked my brain, trying to find answers for whatever was happening right now.

Suddenly, her humorous gaze fell onto me, a smile still evident on her lips as she asked me a question once more, my ears perking up at this one. "Color me surprised, but does that boy you like perhaps have a brother by the name of Arthur Leywin?"

My eyes widened in realization. "No, he is Arthur Leywin," I answered honestly.

Suddenly, I remembered what Grandpa Virion said about Arthur and Jayden being found by Master Cynthia.

Then, the dots connected.

"My, my. It seems their attendance at this academy has gotten much more interesting."

**

Author's Note

So, that's done.

Cynthia knows about Tessia's crush on Arthur, the cat's out of the bag about Virion knowing who the supposedly mysterious Quadra Elemental students are, and the plot moves yet again.

But you know, before you get the wrong idea, no, this isn't like a flashback or anything, it follows a current event from another POV.

These neat little 'Intermission' chapters are sort of my way to stall for time while still moving the plot forward.

Obviously, there's a lack of word count but boo hoo, deal with it.

Next chapter's gonna be legit, though.

Bye bye.