Aftermath

After we'd fallen, time had passed; how much, we don't know.

But it didn't matter, we felt all the pain come rushing to us.

I guess people lied about how dying hurts. Dying doesn't hurt. Surviving sure as hell does, though.

"Oh, shit." I remembered, Arthur fell with me. "A-Arthur... where are you..?" I muttered, all while suffering this pain.

I looked over to my right to see Arthur asleep.

"... And he's not even awake to respond. Let's see each other again when I wake up..." I said before a voice popped into my head, female by the sound of it.

"The boy will be safe. Do not worry if you cannot find him when you next wake up," It said.

"I don't know who the hell you are..." I began, slowly falling victim to sleep. "But take good care of my brother..."

And then, I fell asleep.

When I woke up, I found myself in a cave-like area. I jolted up, before lying back down in pain.

"Arthur, where are you..!" I croaked, attempting to get up once more.

'Arthur is not here at the moment,' rumbled a deep voice from somewhere unknown.

"Whoa! Who the hell are you?" I turned my head, looking for someone or, something.

'Who am I? I... I don't know. All I know is I'm supposed to make you as strong as possible before it happens.'

Too confused to care, I asked, "So... you don't have a name?"

'Hahaha! All the questions in the world to ask and that's your first? No, boy, I do not.'

"Okay... Then I guess I can name you myself. You okay with that?"

'Indeed! Please, go ahead!' He replied.

"Alright... How about Ryu?"

'R...yu?'

"Yep. Ryu. It means dragon, and it's also the name of someone very powerful I once knew."

'Dragon, huh? I like it! I'm not sure why but I feel like I know that name! Thank you, Jayden.'

Wait a minute, I never told this guy my name. How'd he know it? "Uh... I never told you my name."

'I live in your mind, Jayden. I know who you are and what your name is. Jayden Leywin, of the Leywin family, twin brother and son of Arthur Leywin, Reynolds Leywin, and Alice Leywin. You are also the former King Grey's representative/assassin, Drake Locke.'

My eyes widened. "Wait, you know I've been reincarnated?"

'Of course I do. But only the small things. Because I awoke so early, I still haven't completely resonated with your soul, meaning I don't have all of your memories. I only know surface level information.'

"Okay..." I was a bit skeptical, but I wasn't gonna bother prying any longer.

"So what exactly did you mean by get me as strong as possible?" I changed the topic, hoping to avoid the current one.

'Exactly as I said. You need to reach white core as soon as possible, and I'm going to help you with it.'

"Alright. Then let's do it."

'... You won't even question why?'

"The stronger I am, the better my chances of saving my family get. I'll do anything I can to get stronger."

'Alright. Looks like we've got time, so I'll train you here for the time being.'

"Here? For the time being? You know what, I'm not even gonna ask, let's just do this. So, what first?"