Debut

Quick Author's Note

So first order of business, welcome back to Brother's Once More, I hope none of you forgot about this little work of mine.

And second, if you don't remember, I said I intended Jayden's Adventurer alias to be completely different from Ara(I know, I know, whatever, I'll satisfy you degenerates with an Ara Ara somewhere else in the book). 

It was originally supposed to be Arax, but I neglected reviewing it after I finished writing and it just stuck, so if you see the name Arax from here on, that's just Jayden's actual intended Adventurer alias.

Also quick note. Since school's coming up again and my responsibilities as a Junior have begun to surface, my update schedule for BOM will be changed to an irregular update schedule, just like The Help of a Certain Being(anytime from weekly to bi-weekly).

But whatever, let's get this chapter going.

________________________________________________________________________________

Jayden Leywin

"Yes! Well... Mr. Note and Mr. Arax, we will proceed with Miss Flamesworth here as your sponsor. Do you know how this will work?" The man inquired.

We looked at each other before shaking our heads and allowing him to explain.

"You see, an Adventurer of B-class or higher has the right to sponsor a new adventurer for an examination.

Depending on how well you do, the exam will give you the opportunity to be placed into a suitable rank. This way, you can avoid the needless struggles of starting from the very beginning.

The rank exam will consist of only a practical portion. Now, judging by your weapon, I can assume that you are a swordsman, yes?" He looked quizzically at the black stick tied to Arthur's waist below his short sword.

"Yes."

"And as for you, you don't seem to have any weapons on you, so I can only assume you are a brawler-style fighter?" He quickly analyzed my body, searching for any weapons I could be hiding or using.

"I'm actually a dual-blade user," I corrected as I reformed my daggers and presented them.

"I'm also capable of mid and long-range combat, but I prefer short to close-range combat as it's much more suited to my style of battle adaption."

His eyes were wide in interest before he regained his composure and continued on.

"Okay! Usually, there would be a quick application along with an inspection of your mana cores before the exam but since it is Miss Flamesworth here sponsoring you, I will waive that," he continued as he opened another door at the far end of his office.

"Mary, please take these three to the examination hall."

"Y-Yes, sir!" The receptionist, who had been waiting outside the room, entered hastily and led us toward the back door.

"Please, Mr. Note, Mr. Arax and Miss Flamesworth, right this way."

As we walked along the long corridor, I couldn't help but wonder what her relationship with the Flamesworth house was and why there seemed to be such bad blood between her and them.

I even saw Arthur peek a glance at her through her mask from the corner of my eye.

Looks like there's some level of authority in the Flamesworth name, considering the respect it's been given and the apparent record of birthing the continent's most powerful Fire mages. And there also seems to be a bit of tension between them and Jasmine, too.