Chapter 19: the date

y/n's pov

Friday came and went. The first years were given instructions for Sunday morning and allowed to take their hero costumes home to pack along with the stuff they'd need for their internships.

It was now Saturday morning and I was yet again posting on Athene's social media. Outfit pictures, pictures with Kage, reminders to tune into Hizashi's morning radio show today for a live radio interview that I'd be featured in with Beyond Kansas.

I dropped Kage off with Misaki before heading down too the radio station.

"Hey Hizashi," I greeted with a box of pastries in hand from the cat café.

"You're early."

"Yeah well, I had to make sure Shota wasn't in here trying to get help planning his test date. He's supposed to do this on his own if he really wants to prove that his feelings are real and not just because he feels like he owes me for helping him recover."

"I get that, but y/n....you gave him a day and a few hours to plan a date without any help."

"Hizashi. its not about how good or bad the date is. It's about the effort he makes to plan and show me how he really feels."

"Talking about your big date," Dean asked from behind me.

I turned around to see the whole band standing there.

"Yeah, well Sam and Cas are the ones who said I should give him a chance to show me if he really meant what he said. I brought breakfast so eat up before we start the interview."

[interview]

Hizashi: "Good morning listeners. Our much anticipated interview with Beyond Kansas and Athene Kalyps, starts now. Welcome everyone."

Dean: "Thank you for having us, Present Mic. We're so excited to be here."

Sam: "We'd also like to extend our gratitude to Athene, who graciously accepted to join us on your show today on such short notice."

Y/N: "No worries Sam, it's an honor. I'm always happy to help close friends in need."

Hizashi: "I'd like to start off this interview with a few select questions from listeners that my secretary has gathered from our website, as well as talking about your upcoming album. We'll be taking a few questions from call in listeners towards the end of the show. Listeners, don't forget, Beyond Kansas will be performing tonight. Tickets are sold out, but one lucky listener will have the chance to win a pair of tickets, courtesy of the beyond Kansas PR team.

So lets go ahead and get started with the first question,

there's been much talk about the new album that is being released next week during your tour here in Japan. Is there anything fans can look forward to?"

Dean: "I'd say our featured artist in a few songs on the album, who happens to be with us today."

Hizashi: "Well that's a great segway into asking you how you feel about working with Beyond Kansas after being out of the scene for so long Athene."

*** Flashforward to end of interview***

I walked out of the sound booth and greeted Shota, the band following close behind.

"Well, well. To what do we owe the presence of Shota Aizawa so early into the day?

"It's noon, y/n."

"So? Don't you usually sleep in on Saturdays to catch up on all the sleep you miss, staying up fighting crime until 2 or 3 am?"

He shrugged, "I'm here to take you on the date you said you'd let me take you on."

"Wait... now? Hold on I have to change."