chapter 14: the one where she mets Shinso

Y/n's Pov

Kage's meowing and pawing at my cheek caused me to slowly pry my eyes open. The sunshine had started to peak through the curtains. I looked at the black cat that was now yowling.

"Okay kage I'm up. Let's get you breakfast," I said before trying to sit up.

I couldn't, since there was something keeping me in place with it's weight. My mind slowly began to process everything. I remember Aizawa asking me to lull him to sleep last night the way I had at the hospital. I must have fallen asleep next to him after I finally got him to sleep.

My eyes skimmed over his figure that was laying on my left side. His face buried in the crook of my neck, his overgrown scruff tickling my collar. 

I felt the heat rising to my cheeks and looked away. And then I saw the digital clock on my nightstand.

"Aizawa get up we only have twenty minutes until homeroom starts! God how did I over sleep this much?"

I pushed the ravenette off of me and scrambled to get ready. I started to pull on my hero costume and stumble through the hallway at the same time.

I filled kage's kitty kibble bowl and swapped the water out. Grabbed two juice boxes from the fridge and shoved them in my utility belt for the commute.

I pulled on my boots and went to check on Aizawa.

He's still sleeping what the hell?

I quickly started to dress him in his hero outfit, levitating him to help speed the process. Once that was done I grabbed our phones and shoved his in my bag before calling Toshi.

"Hey toshi sorry to bug you but I need a huge favor," I huffed as I hefted Aizawa onto my back fireman style.

"What's wrong y/n? You aren't hurt are you? You sound strained."

"No nothing that serious. It seems that I overslept and Aizawa is refusing to wake up. There's ten minutes left until the first bell for homeroom. Can you stay in 1-a until  I get there? I'm on my way now."

"Of course I can. I'm sure you needed all the rest you could get after what an emotional day yesterday must have been. We'll talk more later today okay."

"Thanks mighty."

I hung up and shoved the phone in my bag where I had put Aizawa's. I'd already made it onto the main road. Six more minutes until class starts. There's no time for taking a bus of a train. It's only a few blocks I could manage that right? 

I pushed my body to go as fast as possible as I carried Aizawa. I used my quirk to telekinetically push myself forward at an attempt to gain more momentum. It worked and I ended up getting to the entrance with two minutes left. Just enough time to skid through the hallways and infront of class 1-A. 

The bell rang as soon as I telekinetically opened the door with a loud thud. 

"Sorry we're late guys, traffic was terrible."

My apology was ignored completely.

"Why is Mr. Aizawa like that?"

"Is he asleep?

"Why are you carrying him."

I ignored their questions and set Aizawa down in his usual napping place, setting the juice box next to him. 

"Okay kiddos that's enough questioning miss reinousha," Toshi grabbed everyone's attention.

"Thanks for watching over the students Might," I sighed after catching my breath, " I can take it from here."