Chapter 5: the first hero training class

y/n pov

I spent the morning observing class 1-A's homeroom class. It wasn't as strained as yesterday but Aizawa was acting, well more like his old self towards me. Maybe he finally understood why I always seemed to need to follow toshi around? Once homeroom was over I went to the teachers offices and went over some stuff with Toshinori.

We all had lunch together again, even Aizawa. I brought lunch for me and Toshi, because if I didn't he'd be lazy and just buy from the nearest convenience store. Nemuri and I shared and traded some of our food with each other. 

Eventually it was time for Toshinori and I to give our class once lunch ended. We both headed off to change into our hero costumes. Since it was warm enough again I opted out for my lighter costume, Nemuri had come up with the design. 

I somehow ended up getting to the classroom before Toshi, so I decided to just go ahead and walk in

I somehow ended up getting to the classroom before Toshi, so I decided to just go ahead and walk in. Once I entered the students looked at me for a moment with questioning expressions. It didn't last long though as Toshinori made his grand entrance.

"I..AM..HERE, COMING THROUGH THE DOOR LIKE A HERO," he said slamming the door open and strutting in. 

The students all started to murmur and talk excitedly. One of them even recognized that Toshinori was wearing his silver age costume. All of their excitement caused me to smile. 

"Welcome to the most important class at U.A High. Think of it as heroing 101, here you will learn the basics of being a pro and what it means to fight in the name of good. Lets get into it! Today's lesson, we'll pull no punches," he said energetically. 

"Fight training," Bakugo exclaimed. 

"But one of the keys of being a hero iiisss," Toshi stated while pointing at the wall. I pressed on the remote that opened the hero costume panel and he continued, "looking good. These were designed for you based on your quirk registration forms and the requests you sent in before school started."

The class cheered and All Might gave them instructions to get changed and meet us on one of the various training grounds, ground beta. 

Soon everyone was at ground beta in their costumes, Izuku being the last to enter. He looked like a green bunny version of All might and I couldn't help but snicker as Toshi tried to cover his face in embarrassment, noting how obvious it was. No one even brought it up thankfully, it's cute how much he admires all might.

"Sir this is the fake city from our entrance exam. Does this mean that we'll be conducting urban battles again," Ida questioned. 

"Not quite, I'm going to move you two steps ahead," Toshi began, "Most of the villain fights you see on the news take place outside." 

"However statistically speaking, run ins with the most dastardly evil doers take place indoors. Think about it backroom deals, home invasions, secret underground lairs; truly intelligent criminals stay hidden in the shadows," I explained.