Chapter 3: Late night patrol

Y/n's pov

I'd been able to avoid Aizawa ever since that day, where I basically went off on him. I'll eventually run into him on campus since he's obviously a teacher at U.A. Though no one's quite told me what he teaches, not like I asked Nemuri or Hizashi anyways. It's been almost two months, Nemuri and I had done all our catching up. Hizashi and I went shopping and to a cafe a few times; I'd even gone to the radio station he did his radio show at. Toshi and I had met up with Izuku to congratulate him on passing his entrance exam, we even went to get ice cream to celebrate. Next week starts the new school year....

I cant sleep.. maybe a late night patrol will help? I've been lucky enough not to run into Eraser yet on these late night patrols that have been keeping me busy during my insomniac filled nights.

I geared up in my hero costume and went out to patrol. I strolled through the streets listening and watching for anything that sounded or looked suspicious. I ended up helping a teen get back to the main road after they got lost on their way back from a friend's and a cat was stuck in a tree near the park.

I was near the end of my patrol considering that it it was around two in the morning, not that I was doing much while I waited for the new school year. Maybe I should post on the free activities board that Juno Leda is going to be giving self-defense classes in a park tomorrow? I was pulled from my train of thought as I heard a feminine voice call out for help. I ran towards the voice.

I ran into one of the dark alleyways to find eraser head running in on the other side as well. In the middle a woman was on the floor curled up crying as a group of men picked on her. I sprang forward and compressed some energy into a shield around the woman to block the foot going towards her head. The men turned to look at me and shouted cat calls and other vulgar things, like what they were going to do to me.

They began to stalk towards me. I observed for a moment. Five men. Similar builds and heights. My eyes darted to their hands. Knife, knife, cant tell if he's armed, knife, knife. One came at me head on and swiped the knife near my face, I quickly blocked with my arm before attempting to disarm him.

My eyes locked onto Aizawa as I blocked another blow from the man while another ran at me. They hadn't noticed eraser was even in the alleyway and was getting the woman to safety. I used my telekinesis to send the two back flying into the side of a dumpster, knocking them out. The other two knife holders came at me from different angles. I quickly moved backwards as they both lunged at me at the same time, causing them to injure each other. They stumbled away from each other holding the wound they each had. I pushed them into the same spot I had their buddies.

The last one turned to run and noticed the woman was now gone, angering him. He turned back towards me, "you bitch. You made me lose that other bitch now i'll make you pay," he yelled as he pulled something out of his coat.

Gun. Okay, its a gun. Nothing we haven't dealt with before. Magazines have about 10-12 rounds assuming that its full.

"Sir put down the gun."

"Like hell you fucking bitch," he yelled before firing.

I made a energy shield to block the first bullet and quickly moved out of the way. His grip seems pretty strong on the gun's handle, it'll be harder to disarm him with my telekinesis. I saw glint from the corner of my eye, the knife from one of the other men was laying on the floor. I flayed it at the man near his bicep where there wouldn't be any major arteries.

It cut through his coat and nicked him in the bicep, causing him to loosen his grip in shock. Before I could rush forward and disarm him completely, grey fabric wrapped around the man's ankles and pulled him back. I saw eraser on the other side of the alley again. He was stepping on the man's back, holding him down as he struggled against the capture tool. The gun was now on the floor.