Chapter 4.2: His first day

Aizawa's pov

I sat for the longest time in that same spot. No one uttered a word, we were probably all shocked. Though I was probably the most shocked of all. I didn't know she was struggling to control her quirk again, I thought maybe it was just our interactions that triggered it since...well..god I'm an idiot. We didn't even talk about it properly all that time ago.

I eventually joined the three pros who had been talking about me earlier and ate with them. They slowly started up a conversation again including me, but they didn't bring up my past relationship or why it ended.

Y/n wasn't particularly scary, most of the time she's nice...too nice, usually. At least that's what I remember she was like.

Did she change?

"I'm not complaining about the lack of interrogation, but what's the reason behind actually listening to her threat? Don't tell me you three are seriously scared of her," I asked, since it was the rational thing to do other than leave myself in the dark.

"She's a real sweetheart, we all know that,"Nemuri started.

Hizashi continued, "but she's really scary when she's truly angry." His expression gave off how nervous he was.

Yagi on the other hand seemed mad again, "Y/n's quirk has become more affected by her emotions for five years now. It used to only happen when a strong outside stimulus would help trigger it, but five years ago she suffered in two major events, one after the other that caused her to lose some control. It's harder for her to control her quirk now when she's upset."

"She came back from the states stronger in every way, but she also came back changed. She was the same smiling y/n we all knew, but she got a lot scarier too," Nemuri said with a phantom of a smirk, "she told me a few things that would really scare anyone. I'm glad she gained more confidence though, she's too pretty to not be seductive."

Lunch was over now, and everyone went back to their work. The explanation I'd been given at lunch only left me with more questions. I decided to find her. Ever since I saw her a few months ago, I've been drawn back to her. Each time we've encountered each other, it's always ended on her terms, she's so damn cryptic, so damn nice...so damn forgiving.

I don't really have the right to question her about what her life has been like in the past ten years, do I?

I walked into the gym not really sure what to expect. What I hadn't expected was her not being alone. Her back was turned towards me as she punched at the two gloved hands of the other first year hero course teacher, Vlad King.

He leaned down and said something to her causing her to laugh in response. She said something back and then turned to face me.

"Oh hey Aizawa," she smiled. "What brings you to the gym? Those three trouble makers bothering you?"

"No, I came to check on you," I said stiffly. I guess I didn't really need to come check in. I wasn't really needed.

Her eyes widened and her smile faltered briefly, "I'm fine. Vlad heading here from his classroom and offered to accompany me."

Vlad stared at me from behind her.

"Oh. That's good..."

"Vlad?" She asked turning around again.

"Yes, Ophelia?"

"Would you mind if we stopped here for today?"

Stop what?

"Of course not," he said giving her a small smile.

"Great, I'll make sure to stop by your class sometime to meet your students. I should be seeing them either tomorrow or the day after for hero basic training. Thank you for everything," she said before he nodded.