Chapter 7: Overnight Hospital stay

Y/n's pov

The steady sound of a heart monitor was the first thing that greeted me. I tried to slowly open my eyes, but my left eye felt too heavy. No it was more than that I couldn't open it, but I could at least see through my right eye. I looked around trying to assess where I was.

It was obvious that I was in a hospital, considering the sound of a heart monitor beeping at a simple rhythm. I looked down to find my arms wrapped in bandages, I was laying in a hospital bed. I thought back to why I would be in the hospital and shot up as soon as I realized it. The memories flooded back to me.

I brought my hand up to my left eye and felt a soft bandage in place. My arms didn't seem to be broken.

I moved my legs over the side of the bed, pulled the rolling heart monitor towards me and tried to stand up using it for support. My legs weren't broken either.

I gotta find Shota and make sure he's okay.

I walked to the door slowly. As I opened the door I was met with a disapproving Hizashi.

"Jesus, y/n it's been four hours and you're already up. Go back to bed, you shouldn't be up. You spent almost all of your stamina."

He began to try to lead me back to the hospital bed but I didn't let him.

"Where is he? Is he okay?"

"He just got out of the trauma room two hours ago. Y/n you gotta lay back down."

"I will after I see him. Please hizashi this is my fault. I shouldn't have let him take all those bastards on by himself. What room is he in," I begged trying to hold back the tears that were desperately trying to escape.

I didn't wait for his response and walked out the room slowly, rolling the heart monitor along as a cane. He followed and guided me soon enough, Shota's room was only a few doors down from mine.

When we entered the steady beep of his heart monitor could be heard. I walked to his bed and fell into the chair next to it. His whole face was covered in bandages.

"What's the damage," I questioned, looking down at him.

"According to the doctor's report before, the bones in his arms are splintered and he has facial fracturing. His orbital floor was almost completely destroyed, so they don't know if what the situation with his eyesight is. Y/n don't do anything reckless, none of this is your fault."

"Can I spend some time with him alone Hizashi. I promise I'll be fine," I turned to look at him with a smile.

He nodded and said he'd wait outside for a bit, he'd also let Toshinori know I was awake. Toshi had been treated for his injuries on campus in the nurse's office with Izuku. As soon as Hizashi left I commanded Shota's patient information clip board to myself and took a look.

It's the orbital floor of his right eye. I should have just enough stamina to help his body fix it by regenerating some of the cells in and around the area. I can't fix anything after twelve hours or six hours if the tissue is already dead, but since he was brought to the hospital quickly it should be okay. Doing this wont zap his stamina as quickly as it would if recovery girl came in to heal him, but I'd still need to be careful.

I gently placed my hand on his right cheek and began to manipulate the cells under it. I could only do so for five minutes before someone came in causing me to pull away as soon as I heard the door open. It was Toshinori and Hizashi was following behind.

"You should be in your room resting," he began, "you lost control again so your stamina is low. You need to let your body heal."

"I'll be fine."