Chapter 8: back to class

Y/n's POV

I woke up the morning after the attack, back in my own hospital bed. I hadn't even noticed when I had drifted off to sleep, but I assumed it had to have been after I sang Aizawa to sleep. He seemed like he could use something to calm and lull him to sleep. Nemuri walked in to my room as soon as they allowed visitors. She came bearing a change of clothes for me since I would be discharged after a quick check on my injuries and bandage change. Aizawa would be released too, though he had two broken arms and his orbital floor was broken. They told him not to do any hero work until he was all healed up. Recovery girl would be healing him slowly on campus.

Hizashi took care of getting Aizawa home, while Nemuri made herself incharge of me. They let us know that U.A gave the students and faculty the day off in order to let the students rest after what had happened the day before. Now it was time for me to go back to work.

I opted for a suit style outfit today since I was told to take it easy and not strain myself. I decided I'd let my body heal itself and focus any energy I could into turning off the pain receptors instead. My ribs were still broken. My left eye still wasn't completely healed but since I did regenerate most of the cells in my eye it should be okay for it to heal on its own. I was told I'd have to keep the bandages I had wrapped around my arms and legs for three days at least to prevent infection of some of the deep cuts I had.

 I was told I'd have to keep the bandages I had wrapped around my arms and legs for three days at least to prevent infection of some of the deep cuts I had

(A/n: here's the outfit. I'll be honest I saw it on pintrest so that's why we have the injuries we have. Anyways I'll stop my interruption)

My observation period had been over the other day, but I told Nezu that I wanted to check in and see how the students were doing. I made my way into the class room to find them chattering happily amongst themselves.

"Will you be teaching our homeroom today?" The students asked. "Are you okay to be here?"

"Calm down everyone," I said with a smile, "I'm fine. I didn't mean to scare you guys with my appearance, it mostly a precautionary measure for my injuries. I've been cleared for light work for now, so I'll still be seeing you all in hero training. I won't be teaching your homeroom class though I don't know who will. I came to check on everyone to see if you all were okay."

Just then the door slid open and we all turned to see who had entered since all of the students had been in their seats. It was Aizawa...

"morning class."

They all let him know that they were glad he was okay.

"My well being is irrelevant. What's more important is that your fight isn't over yet."

The students were all shocked and confused.

God why did you have to go and freak them out like that?

"The U.A sports festival is about to start," he said gravely.

The students questioned why we'd still hold the festival even though a class was just attacked. He began to explain everything, including that the festival would happen in two weeks. Afterwards he dismissed the class, I walked out with him.