part 16: lust's reunion

a/n: Before reading if you want to listen while you read,please turn play back speed to x75.

Y/n's Pov

I woke up in Toshi's guest room. The small digital alarm clock in the night stand making me jolt awake from its incessant ringing. I slammed down on the button to silence it and dragged myself out of bed. I pulled on the spare winter hero costume that I kept at Toshi's house and went to make breakfast. He walked into the kitchen just as I finished plating the meal.

"Oh crap let me borrow your phone to call mine. I left it at my apartment last night and I need Hizashi to bring it to campus. I also need him to feed Kage."

Once we had everything ready and I'd given Hizashi instructions, we decided to head in to work for the day. Vlad was in the faculty office when we got there so I went to talk with him for a bit. We each had a stack of requests to sort through on our desks so I started on mine.

I was a quarter of the way through the stack when Hizashi slammed the door open.

"YYY/NNNNNNNNNNNN!"

The next thing I knew I was pulled out of my desk chair and into a bone crushing hug.

"Good morning Hizashi," I groaned trying to push him off.

"You had us so worried last night. Are you okay? You aren't hurt are you? I scolded Shota last night as soon as I got to your apartment and-"

"I'm not hurt Hizashi, you know besides emotionally," i smiled, before noticing his face contort into a further worried look. "I'm kidding zashi, i was kidding. I'm perfectly fine. I just needed a minute to myself. Shota likes to know everything before hand to assess things it's who he is, he likes things to be rational.

Now onto the important things. Was Kage okay? Did you feed him like I told you to? I don't wanna get home to an angry cat, he's way too smart to not find a way to get revenge."

"Of course I did. I also brought you your phone. You had a few missed calls from Dean and a few texts from a student. Why are you texting students," he questioned with knit eyebrows as he pulled out the thin block from his pocket.

I reached out to take it and explain.

"To make sure they're doing okay. I gave all of my hero course students my personal number in case they ever need someone to talk to. You know how hard the hero course is, I want to make sure they're okay. Anyway the only exception so far to the students I've given my number to that isn't a hero course student is the general studies kid that midoriya went up against in the sports festival."

"We should get started on sorting through the offers the first years received from all the agencies."

"Yeah I'm a third of the way done with the stack that I found on my desk this morning. You go ahead I'm going to look through the missed calls and messages my phone has before I get back to imputing the information into the system."

Hizashi walked to his desk and I sat back down in my chair before unlocking the phone.

Seven missed calls from Dean and one message from Shino.

I opened the call history and tapped on the call button next to the familiar smiling face. It took three dial tones before a husky voice answered.

"So much for call me anytime. I'll always answer my phone my ass y/n," he grumbled.

"Hello Dean," I said softly with a smile as I looked through the pile of remaining requests that laid on my desk before beginning to input them again.

"What are you doing? Are you typing?"

"Yes. I'm at work."

"Crap. I thought you weren't doing anything. I mean since you know...," he trailed off.