Chapter 2

Arefa's POV

I just arrived in Italy a few minutes ago and i am currently in a taxi headed to the apartment i had purchased when i was still in the United States

It's a one-bedroom apartment that isn't particularly nice,but it's adequate for me.

When the taxi halted to a stop I paid and thanked the driver.I only brought one bag of clothes and enough money to help me get by until I found a job.

I entered the facility and proceeded tothe reception area.I got my apartment keys after filling out a few documents,
I went to the third floor and unlocked my apartment door.It looked slightly better than it did in the pictures.

Before settling in bed and drifting off to sleep, I spent some time unpacking and making the small space  feel homely

Tommorow i go job hunting.

Vincent's POV

I'd finally found and dealt with the mole in my organisation and was standing outside my mansion seconds away from seeing my daughter.

When i opened the door ,Layla ran into my arms."I've  missed you so much daddy.Please don't leave me again"She murmured,her lower lip protruding.

"Daddy has arrived, princess. 
Come on, let's get you to bed before it's too late "

I looked over to Valencia and nodded,she smiled as way to acknowledge me greeting her.She has been my nanny from a very young age and therefore is the only person i trust to care for Layla.

I walked upstairs to Layla's room and tugged her in.After i was certain she was asleep i immediately called my second in command Alexis and told him to cancel all plans i had for tommorow.I was to spend the day with my daughter.

..............

Arefa awoke to the sound of birds chirping.

She entered the restroom and completed her hygiene routine before changing into an oversized hoodie and sweatpants.She had never felt good about her body and always opted for clothes that wouldn't draw too much attention.

She had yet to purchase groceries, so she opted to have breakfast at a neighboring coffee shop. 

When she arrived at the coffee shop,she opened the door and was greeted by an elderly woman labouring to move chairs,to whom she offered help.

She had no idea she was in luck because a coworker had just quit and the elderly lady needed someone to take her place.

After Arefa had helped the woman she looked up to her and smiled."Grazie" the elderly woman said."Oh,Sorry but i don't speak italian"."I see.Tourist?" The elderly woman asked Arefa."If moving here and trying to make a living here is considered being a tourist,then sì tourist".

The elderly woman smiled and extended her hand to Arefa"My name is Aurora" she said.Arefa did the same and introduced herself.

"A beautiful name for a beautiful woman"said Aurora."If you are looking to make a living in Italy you have to start with getting a job and if you are keen i could offer you one".Arefa shocked by Aurora's generosity hugged her."I would love that".Aurora smiled "You can start tommorow if you don't mind.Now come,come dear child.What did you want to get?"."A coffee and 2 blueberry muffins please"

Over cups of coffee, they conversed,and after a while,Arefa excused herself joyful as ever.

She went grocery shopping and rushed home to ready herself  for  her  first  day of work the next day.

......
Second chapter done.I know it is short and i will make the coming chapters a bit longer❤

How do you guys think Arefa and Vincent are gonna meet?Well keep reading to find out 😉😉