Chapter 13

AREFA'S POV

AFTER TWO MONTHS

Diego and I were still still dating and living together after two months. There were times when I believed he would abandon me, but he remained by my side. There were times when I didn't know how to convey my love and emotions, and he was there for me. There were moments when I would reflect my insecurities onto him and our relationship, and he would still support me. He treasured every part of my body and expressed his feelings for me loudly. He treated me like a princess every day, and I adore him. He shows me how much I mean to him not only with words but also with actions.

He tells me how worthy I am every night before we go to bed and whispers sweet nothings in my ear. He directs me, but he is never in charge. He treats me with respect not only in public, but also in the privacy of our home. He is patient with me and never loses his cool. He values my viewpoints and helps me feel safe. He is a terrific listener and never makes commitments he doesn't intend to keep. He sees the best in everyone and is never judgmental. He brags about me and isn't ashamed to claim me in public.

We haven't had sex yet because I want to spend my first time with someone I love and am confident in. He is aware of this and has pledged not to pressurize me. We still snuggled and slept together, and I could see how hard he was trying to make this work and I appreciated it.

.........

On Saturdays for the past two months, I've gone to the park to play with Layla. I've grown close to her, and I know she lost her mother and has no recollections of her. She told me I was the closest thing she'd ever had to a mother, and that warmed my heart. She held such a special place in my heart that you'd assume she was my daughter. I always looked forward to seeing her and wished I could see her on a daily basis. When I asked about her father, she and Valencia usually gave me vague answers, which led me to suspect they were concealing something, but I never paid too much attention to it.

Layla made me consider becoming a mother in the future. I would never treat my children in the same way that my parents did me. I will be a safe shelter for my children. I'll make sure they know they're loved at all times. I wish my parents were punished for all they've ever done to me. I realize it makes me sound evil, but it doesn't bother me. They've put me through hell, and I hope to be able to share that with someone one day. Perhaps that will alleviate the strain on my shoulders.

.........

done with chapter 13

Seven more chapters to go

Please don't forget to SHARE,LIKE and COMMENT