Chapter 19

AREFA'S POV

For the past few weeks, I've been residing at Vincent's estate. We'd grown close, and I'd formed really strong feelings for him in such a short time. It scares me that I think I like him. But what if he doesn't share the same feelings? He's made it apparent that I'm too heavy for his type, but his recent actions have been perplexing. There are days when he behaves caring and makes me smile and show affection, and then there are days when he acts cold and insults me. I'm dying from this predicament. It baffles me why I fell in love with someone who doesn't care about me when I had a boyfriend who would go to any length for me.

Today was the day I was finally going to confront Vincent. I'd like to know where we stand since I'm tired of leaving in this state. I'll leave if he doesn't want me. I'll keep an eye on Layla, but I can't go on like this. I have to prioritize myself. I may be fat, broken, and unsightly, but I am deserving of love. I shall not be influenced by my parents' words. I am deserving of love. I left my room after tucking Layla down and went to the living room to wait for Vincent. On days like this, when he takes a long time to return home, he generally arrives with bloody clothes.

As soon as I stepped downstairs, the door opened, and in walked Vincent. His clothing were soaked with blood that I knew wasn't his. He approached me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. This is the part that perplexes me. 'Vincent, we need to talk before you go shower,' I told him. about the question he posed 'I'm tired of you treating me like a toy that you can play with and discard whenever you want. 'I am human, and I have feelings,' I yelled at him. 'And do you think that's what I want, dammit?' he yelled back. I'm making an attempt here. What do you think I'm thinking? It's difficult to look at you and feel all these emotions. For God's sake, I'm a fucking mafia boss.'

He surprised me by saying all of that. It came as a complete surprise to me. not from someone as icy as him. Even though there were indicators that he cared for me, I couldn't trust it. My eyes began to tear up, and he moved closer to brush them away. 'This is difficult for me,' he admitted. 'What if I can't protect you because the mafia is a deadly place?' I don't want to put you in harm's way.' But, Vincent, that isn't your option. It is all up to me to make it, and I will choose whatever it is that we have Vincent. He hugged me and smiled. He kissed my forehead and told me to go to bed, saying he'd be there after a shower.

.........

PLEASE COMMENT,SHARE AND VOTE