Chapter 18

AREFA'S POV

 Layla had visited me and we had spent hours talking. We cuddled until she fell asleep as I told her African legends that my grandmother used to tell me. Vincent returned her to her room. I still couldn't believe he was her dad. After a few moments, Vincent returned to visit me. 'We need to talk about something,' he said. 'About what?' I inquired. Why were your documents with you, and why did you intend to leave?' I tried to play dumb, but he insisted that if I didn't tell him, he'd take it from me. I didn't want to know how he would do that so I told him everything. It was the first time I had informed anyone about my experiences, and it felt nice to finally confide in someone.

I expected Vincent to be the frigid guy he is, but he surprised me by wiping away my tears and telling me everything was fine. He promised to deal with my parents on my behalf as a thank you for saving his daughter's life. I didn't care what happened to them at this point; I just didn't want anything to do with them. I thanked him, and he encouraged me to get some rest before leaving.

After a few days, I was feeling much better. I had come to know Vincent better, and he was a wonderful father and a wonderful man beneath the mask he wore. He was concerned about those close to him, and he would go to great lengths for his daughter. Layla called me mama in front of him three days ago, and he froze. I could see that bothered him, but he didn't say anything. She's always referred to me as mama. I was feeling much better now that Vincent had dealt with my parents, and I could resume my normal routine. I was busy doing my hair when the doctor said I may leave, so I made my way up the stairs.

I came to the end, and when I opened the door, I was greeted by a lovely living room, where I first saw Layla. She dashed over to me and embraced my leg. I tried to pick her up by bending down, but I wounded myself and shouted in pain. When I sat down, I noticed Vincent sprinting towards us. He checked to see if I was alright before picking me up and placing me on the couch. He warned me to be cautious and chastised Layla. I came to a halt and informed him that injuring myself was entirely my fault. He requested that Valencia show me to my room, and when I objected, he warned me that it was either that or I would die. I didn't want to take any chances, so I decided to follow Valencia.

...........

PLEASE SHARE,COMMENT AND VOTE💕💕