Chapter 5

Arefa stayed up all night still appalled by what had transpired.The experience reawakened memories she had buried.Memories of how her parents  would take turns beating her.She didn't want to sleep because she was terrified of having nightmares that would lead to a panic attack. Her panic attacks were the absolute worst.They always ended in her losing consciousness.she began experiencing flashbacks

FLASHBACK(6 YEARS AGO)

It was the first time her parents hit her. She returned home from school to find her parents arguing.It was nothing new.She had already gotten used to the squabbles and brawls.

"You useless fat swine caused this,you wrecked my marriage and your presence in this house disgusts me!" her mom yelled.She shoved her against the wall and began cursing at her.She smacked her hard and her father pulled off his belt,whipping and kicking her alternately.They had made sure to keep her face clear as not to draw attention to themselves.

They both rejoiced at their daughter's pain and left her to bleed out.Arefa remained curled up in the corner of the room sobbing.She finally summoned the strength to return to her room which she did.She passed out as soon as she got to bed.

END OF FLASHBACK!!!

Arefa cried the entire night wishing her grandmother was still alive.She was the only person who truly ever cared for her.When the alarm went off she was jolted out of her reverie.Her eyes swollen and bloodshot.She took a shower and changed into a pair of black jeans,a white shirt and white sneakers.She feared returning to the coffee shop and even considered quitting for a while.She walked to the coffee shop and opened up.

Aurora and Bella got there a few minutes later.Aurora noticed Arefa wasn't her usual self and inquired as to why.Arefa remained silent and returned to her job.

..........

Vincent spent the previous night plotting an attack on the gang that had been causing him problems.They planned to launch the attack tonight. He'd gone home early to freshen up. He wanted to see his daughter before the attack  because she is the one who motivates him to always return home safe and unharmed.

He was back at the hotel getting ready to go to the mafia headquarters when he decided he needed coffee.He walked to the coffee shop and saw the girl that dared to disrespect him the night before.

When he saw her gaze at him,she had a terrified expression on her face.When he saw her struggling to breath the panic in her eyes disappeared and was replaced by an expression he wasn't used to seeing.She glared at him with pure hate.Vincent was irritated by the intense intensity and vividness of the look.He had never imagined a person on the verge of passing out would carry so much hatred in her eyes alone. He never had given thought to what others thought of him let alone felt for him so he was perplexed as to why he suddenly felt awful about what he had done to the woman last night. He wondered how simply strangling someone could trigger a panic attack so violent.He left the coffee shop,got into his matte black Ferrari and headed to the mafia headquarters forgetting why he was at the coffee shop in the first place
..........

Arefa's POV

It had been a long morning at work and all i wanted to do was go home.I wasn't in the mood to mingle.I was still thinking about what had happened in this very place last night. I looked up when I heard the door open to see who it was and there he stood,the devil's spawn himself.My heart began to race and i became lightheaded.I could feel my blood boiling as my terror transformed to hatred.The man waiting at the door has no right to live.

I had only ever felt animosity to two pwople before and those people are my parents.I guess now he is the third.I became aware I was starting to hyperventilate.I started shaking violently until I felt myself slipping out of consciousness.
.........

Done with chapter 5.

Thanks to everyone that has been voting and commenting on my story.I appreciate you all so much❤❤