Chapter 4

Vincent's POV

I'd spent the previous day with Layla.We hadn't had the entire day to ourselves in a long time.I don't want her to ever feel abandoned or unwanted.

I had to return to work today.I took a glance at the green eryes staring back at me as I opened  my phone.The eyes that belong to the only woman i have ever loved,my daughter's mother.Four years later and i still think about her everyday and i know i could never love anybody as much as i did her.Layla is a carbon copy of her  mother.Hopefully she's watching over us and is pleased with the way i am parenting.

I stood up and walked to the shower,gathering my thoughts.I was in for a long day.I stepped out of the shower and into my pich black armani suit.I kissed my daughter goodbye and headed to the garage.

"Vincent our cargo trucks were stolen"Alexis said at the end of the line as i got in my Bugatti Divo.He is the only person who addresses me with my name.We have been friends since we were teenagers and i trust him with my life.
"I'm on my way"I said as i hung up the phone and drove to the hotel i owned.I have a number of respectable businesses despite being a mafia boss,a hotel and resturant chain being  two of the many.

Alexis was already waiting for me in my office when i arrived.The leader of this rival gang,whomever he was,surely had a deathwish.No one has ever crossed me and lived to tell the tale.On my mission to find him,no stone will be left unturned and when I find him I will bring hell to him.He will regret ever thinking of crossing me.

I spent the entire day barking orders ito my phoneand interrogating my men,who were responsible for ensuring the cargo's safety.After a few hours I decided to call Layla and bid her goodnight as it was getting dark.We talked for about half an hour and it was already dark outside when i hung up.We were getting closer to figuring who was behind the recent hijackings,so I'd have to remain until late.

I was going to have one of my men fetch me coffee but i decided to go get it myself and enjoy some fresh air.I spent the entire day cooped up in my office. I saw a coffee shop across the street and made my way there. Something or rather someone bumped into me as soon as i opened the door.I turned away from the phone to see her lying on the floor.I was about to instruct her to get off the floor and bring me some coffee but she beat me to it.

"Watch were the fuck you go next time.Now exuse me we are closed"she said.

No one would ever dare speak to me the way she just did,she was clearly new around here.I wasn't going to tolerate disrespect "If i were you I'd take back what i just said and got to making coffee" i told her."Or what?" She exclaimed.I strangled her and watched her struggle for breath as i got closer to her.

No one ever disrespects me and makes it out alive."Say your final prayers"I advised and noticed her eyes glistening with unshed tear.She looked horrified and it was nothing new to me.It's the expression everyone gave me when they realised they were on the verge of dying. My phone rang and I stepped away from her neck to answer it.I couldn't care less that she was on the verge of passing out.

"We've found him Vincent and we know their location"Alexis said.This words are what saved her life today.

"You got lucky this time,make sure there isn't  a next time" i told her and left her still coughing and struggling to regain her breath.

............

So I'm done with chapter 4.Hopefully you enjoyed it.

Don't forget to vote and comment.❤❤