Chapter 3

Arefa awoke earlier than normal the next morning since she didn't want to be late for her first day at work.

She got out of bed,went through her hygiene routine,and dressed in a plain black shirt,blue jeans and iconic Nike Air Jordan 1's.

She then prepared herself breakfast and sat down to binge watch her favourite show.

She checked the time after the third episode and decided it was best if she left so she could get to work on time.

She kept glancing about on her way to work,loving the beauty that Italy had to offer.

She sped up her pace and arrived at the coffee shop.

When she answered the door, Aurora greeted her with a bright smile. 

Aurora informed her, "You are early." 

"Well, I'm trying to please, and I was getting bored by myself." 

Aurora took her hand in hers and led her to the rear of the room. 

"So, I'd like for you to meet someone. 

Bella she is my grandchild "..

Arefa approached the attractive young lady who was baking and introduced herself.They had a conversation and turns out they have a lot in common.

Bella and Arefa had only known one another for a few minutes yet they were instantly best friends.

It was time to formally open the coffe shop,so they hugged and Arefa left Bella to bake while she attended to the counter.

Working in a coffee shop wasn't as simple as Arefa had anticipated.

She was taken aback by the workload and the number of hostile customers she had faced in just a few hours of wok,but she was determined not to let anyone ruin her time at the coffee shop so she ignored the rude customers.She was also overjoyed since she had made an actual friend for the first time in her life.

Arefa's POV

The day had flown by,and it was nearly time to close the coffee shop.Aside from the nasty customers,I had a good first day at work.

Bella and Aurora needed to get somewhere quickly,so they requested that i close the coffee shop

They had only known me for a short while,so it came as a suprise that they trusted me with the coffee shop.

In the two days Aurora has known me,the old woman has  shown me more love than my own mother has my whole life.She reminds me of my grandmother.

My grandmother is the one that named me and that is the sole reason i still kept my name after moving here.

Despite being born in the United States,I am a member of the Tswana African tribe. 

In tswana my grandmother named me Arefa,which means "He(God) gave us a gift"

I finished everything and walked to the door with the coffee a pastries i had purchased earlier.

I had to get out and lock but before i could do that I ran into something I'm quite sure wasn't there just a few moments earlier.

My coffee spilled all over the floor. 

I had slammed into whatever was there so violently that i had also fallen.

I raised my head to make eye contact with the most attractive man I'd ever laid my eyes on.

His hair was jet black,and every strand was perfectly placed.I knew I'd remember his electric blue eyes,strong scuplted jaw and his thick arched brows.

He appeared mythical,since no ordinary human could possibly look as good as he does.

I stood and glared at him after waking up from my trance.I have no idea what came over me or where i got the courage to speak"Watch were the fuck you go next time.Now excuse me we are closed" I told him.

.................
So I'm done with the third chapter

Arefa has no idea what she has just gotten herself into.Afterall no one dares to speak with the italian mafia boss the way she just did..

If you are enjoying the story so far please vote and leave your comment❤
SadianaM Thanks for voting,commenting and keeping up with the story.I appreciate your support ❤❤