Chapter 16

AREFA'S POV

I went to the park where Layla and I used to meet. She could arrive at any moment. I was hiding behind a tree and will not be approaching her. If I go out and play with her and tell her goodbye, I won't be able to handle the pain. Leaving Layla would be the most difficult farewell I've ever had. Layla was more like my daughter, and I would do everything for her. I hope she remembers me even after the coming years. I despise having to leave. I won't be gone indefinitely. I'll return to Italy in search of that little girl. I noticed her hopping with a big smile on her face from afar. She looked stunning in her pink gown.

It was at this point that I told myself that I would seek vengeance on my parents and destroy them for what they had done to me, after which I would return to Italy.

I was about to walk leave when I noticed an odd heavy man exiting a black van with tinted windows. That van has been parked here for quite some time. My heart began to race.

.......

VINCENT'S POV

I had recently learned that a new developing gang had targeted my daughter. They were fools to even consider going against me, for no one crosses Vincent Romano and lives to tell the tale. save for one girl who struck it rich one night. It was Saturday, and Valencia normally takes Layla to the park on Saturdays, so I remembered. My cheeks was flushed with blood. I attempted to call Valencia, but her phone was not working. This is not happening. I dashed to my car, called my men, and told them to meet me at the park.

When the park came into view, I noticed a dark van with a man getting out his rifle and pointing it in the direction of my daughter. I've never felt more powerless in my whole life. He pressed the trigger, and I slammed on the brakes, causing the car to squeal. I then got out my gun and began killing the man. The van attempted to drive away, but I shot the tire, flipping it. When I spotted cars approaching from our direction, I knew it was my men. When I went to see where my daughter was before she was shot, I was surprised to see that someone else was lying there. For my daughter, someone took a bullet. Layla was crying and shaking the lady on the ground.

I dashed over to her and noticed a woman lying on the ground. It was the fat girl from the coffee shop. I wanted to see if she was okay because she had just taken a bullet for my kid, but I needed to concentrate on Layla right now. Later, I'll check in on her. For saving my daughter, I owed her one. I summoned one of my men and requested that he transport her to my residence. Valerie accompanied them. She will be well cared for because we have a private doctor and a tiny hospital there. My other men cleaned up the mess, and I returned to my car with my daughter.

I didn't blame Layla for her cries. She has just had a horrible encounter. I couldn't hear what she said because her cries were drowning it out. I rubbed her back and asked, "Can you say that again, princess?" 'Please save snuggles, papa,' she said, she has been talking a lot about snuggles the past month but Valencia assured me it was just her imaginary friend. However, the way she spoke about her looked genuine, so I took advantage of the opportunity to ask a "who is snuggles princess?" 'She is both my mother and my best friend.'  Layla told me.She teaches me, sings for me, and tells me African legends, and today she pushed me when the scary man pointed his gun at me, and she got shot.She always tells me in Africa Mama lioness, always protects her cubs.Just like she protected me today.

......

Thanks for all the love and support y'all have been showing me

Don't forget to VOTE,SHARE AND COMMENT