Chapter 15

AREFA'S POV

 I was really uneasy after receiving the phone call a few hours ago. I had told Bella and Aurora how much I loved them and that I would never forget them during my break. They had inquired as to why I was acting strangely, and I had immediately devised an explanation and returned to work. I still had 5 hours until I had to go, and Diego generally gets off work 3 hours after me. I put everything down and went to use the restroom. I checked the airfares to South Africa and found that the next flight leaves at 8 p.m. tomorrow. I could spend the night at a hotel near the airport. Today, I had to leave my and Diego's apartment.

When I walked out of the bathroom to return to work, I heard a familiar voice. I froze in place and peered out to see whether my suspicions were correct.I silently returned to the bathroom, I could feel myself beginning to hyperventilate. I tried counting to ten while breathing, but it didn't seem to work. I immediately felt better when I thought of Layla. I sat and cried, asking God what I had done to deserve this. He decides to take away my happiness just as I find it. It stings, and it stings a lot. I stood up,composed myself and took a deep breath. Before I stepped out, I double-checked to see if those terrible people had left.

'So, the man and woman that were here, what did they want?' I inquired of Bella. 'Oh, they said they were coming to see their daughter.' 'They sound so lovely,' Bella remarked. That sentence made me want to puke. I dashed to the back of the building to check for Aurora. I tracked her down and informed her that I was leaving for the day. I hugged her, then went to hug Bella before leaving. Knowing that this was the last time I saw them hurt. I arrived at my apartment and prepared all of my documents. I packed three sets of clothes and was going to write Diego a letter when he walked in the door.

When I stared at him, my eyes bulged. 'What brings you here?' I inquired. He approached me and seized my luggage. He had a look inside after opening it. 'What's going on, Tesoro? Why are your documents in this bag? 'Are you leaving because you don't think I'm enough for you?' I sat him down by taking his hands. 'Diego, you're more than enough for me,' i told him. I'm afraid I won't be able to stay here much longer. I'm leaving to protect both you and myself, and I don't want to pull you into my problems.' I shushed him when he tried to say something. 'Diego, you have been the most wonderful person I have ever met, and I adore and love you.' Believe me when I say that I do, and that is why I am leaving. to keep you safe.'

I don't think you'll ever be able to understand me, no matter how much I love you, so we'll never be able to work out. I don't want you to spend the rest of your life trying to make me happy. I adore you and want you to be with someone who appreciates you as much as you appreciate them. Someone who will give you as much assurance as you give them, and you know it isn't me. 'Diego, I want you to be with someone who will love you the way you deserve to be loved.' Tears streamed down my cheeks at this point. 'However, I desire you, Arefa. I don't mind if my feelings are ignored; all I want is for you to be happy,'Diego explained.

'If you're happy then, I'll be happy,'I told him. He kissed my hand as he grabbed it in his. 'Are you certain you want that Arefa? I don't mind being by your side, you know. He stated, "I don't mind not being loved because I will do all the loving." 'No, Diego, I'd like you to promise me that you'll find someone who actually loves you.' 'Tesoro, I promise, now tell me why you have to leave.' It's the very least you can do.' 'I wish I could tell you everything, Diego, but I'm afraid I can't. I'm hoping to see you one day and tell you everything. I kissed him on the cheek and walked away. When I returned my gaze to him, I noticed he was crying. It was much more painful to see him cry than it is leaving. Before I left for South Africa, I had one last stop to make.

.........

what do you guys think of how things ended between Arefa and Diego?

please VOTE,COMMENT AND SHARE💕❤❤