Chapter 8

AREFA'S POV

The rest of my day was spent watching Lucifer. I got a call from Diego just as I was about to go to bed. He asked when I would be available, and I told him that I would be available on Friday. We talked for about an hour on the phone, and he had me giggling the entire time. He was just what I had imagined a man to be. For the first time in a long time I felt happy, he made me laugh in just a few hours and made me feel worthy. He said his goodbyes and hung up the phone. Today was a Sunday, so I had plenty of time to prepare for the date. I've never liked wearing dresses since they make my stomach too obvious, which I despise. I had to go shopping now.Diego was all I could think about as I went to sleep. 

..............

I received a good morning text from Diego when I awoke. I blushed at the text, so I wrote him back and proceeded to take a shower. I finished showering and lotioned my body when the phone rang. It was Diego who called to ask me how i slept and to tell me  to enjoy my day. He made me feel like a princess on her way to her happily ever after. Perhaps visiting Italy wasn't such a bad idea after all.

I had completed my work preparations. I'm looking forward to telling Bella about Diego. When I arrived at the coffee shop, I dashed to the rear to check for Bella. She was the closest thing I'd ever had to a friend. I found her and sat her down, telling her everything. She was overjoyed for me. Bella shouted, 'Omg arefa!' 'Tomorrow, we're definitely going shopping,' she remarked. We talked until it was time for the coffee shop to open. Bella and I would both be serving customers today.

We were both waiting for customers when the doorbell rang, and we both looked to see who was there. It was the madman who had strangled me and left me to die, much to my surprise. He also happened to be the source of my most severe panic attack. I told myself when I left the United States that I would never live in fear again. Bella checked to see whether I was okay. I abruptly sprang up to confront the disgusting man in front of me, but Bella saw what I was planning and took my hand in hers. 'Don't arefa,' 'He is Europe's most dangerous man. Allow it to be. You can hide in the back so that you don't have to confront him. Bella said me, 'I'll take his order.'I drew my hand away from Bellas and walked to the back.

VINCENT'S POV

Because the preceding two days were not particularly busy, I was able to spend a lot of time with my daughter. Now I was back at work, with a mountain of paperwork to complete. I haven't eaten since yesterday, and I'm in desperate need of a cup of coffee. My men were preparing the next shipment at the warehouse, so I had to go buy my own coffee. I could send my assistant, but I'm not fond of her. We've fucked a couple times now, and she's getting attached. It's past time for me to get a new assistant. I walked over to a nearby coffee shop and remembered what had happened. that fat girl who had a panick attack.Did she truly have that much dread of me?

I kept strolling towards the coffee shop. When people spotted me approaching, they turned around and most bent their heads to me. After all, I am Vincent Romano. Capo of the world's most feared mafia. I entered the coffee shop and pushed open the door. Until they recognized me, two girls were sitting and having a chat. Surprisingly, the fat girl showed up. Her friend took her hand in hers as she stood up. Her friend appeared to be afraid. At the very least, one knows who I am. She proceeded to the rear, whispering something in her ear.It is a good thing she did not try approaching me because I didn't want to start my day with blood on my Brioni suit.

The young lady approached me and greeted me. I liked how her voice and body were trembling. I enjoy it when people's dread is obvious. She quickly took my order and delivered it. I paid and walked away.

.........

Chapter 8 done and dusted.

Please VOTE,COMMENT and SHARE❤💕💕