Chapter 10

AREFA'S POV

I stepped up to open the door when I heard a knock. My arms flew out to the man in front of me as soon as I opened my eyes. He went inside after our hug, and I shut the door. He embraced me and whispered beautiful words into my ear while we sat on the couch. He was there for me when I balled up and cried. He didn't strike me or tell me to shut up. He caressed my back instead and let me cry on his chest. He made me reconsider what my parents had instilled in me for such a long period. Maybe I didn't deserve to be loved. I've always wondered how it feels to cry to someone and have them console you, and this is even better than I imagined.

We sat there in comfortable stillness for a time. I glanced up to him in embarrassment when I'd stopped sobbing. He wiped my face with one hand while holding my chin with the other. He kissed me on the cheek and assured me that everything would be fine. We chatted for hours about everything, from our little blunders to our greatest passions and ambitions. It was late, and Diego wanted to drive home, but I couldn't let him. I offered him  to sleep in my room. The bed was large enough to accommodate both of us. I made my way to the bed as he went into the bathroom to get ready. He emerged from the restroom wearing only boxers.

I didn't say anything about the boxers because I didn't want to make things awkward. He climbed into bed next me and cuddled up to me. He was built in the image of a Greek god. I pushed his hand away from my stomach when he touched it. 'You are all beautiful,' he said softly in my ear. Never be self-conscious about your appearance'. He kissed my neck and bid me goodnight before putting his hand back on my belly. For a little while, I thought I was attractive. I smiled and told him goodnight before retiring to sleep.

......

Someone was shaking me awake while I was still asleep. I remembered being in the house with Diego, so I awoke and glanced around. He said to me, 'breakfast is ready, Tesoro.' He then returned to the dining room, while I went into the bathroom to wash my face, brush my teeth, and put my braids in a ponytail. I went out to eat  breakfast with Diego.He was a great cook if I do say so myself. He had me laughing the entire time, and it was soon time to go to work. I went to get ready after he insisted on dropping me off. When I finished, he grinned and complimented me on how beautiful I looked. We walked to his car, and he took me to work.He parked in front of the coffee shop and kissed my forehead before saying our goodbyes.

I was so excited walking inside the coffee shop.Bella ran up to me and asked, "Who is that?" When I informed her what had happened, she hugged me and expressed her joy for me, while also cautioning me to be cautious and protect my heart. She was an excellent friend. We finished up the finishing touches and hung the 'open' sign. I flushed as I approached the counter after receiving a text from Diego telling me to enjoy my day.

...........

Thank you all for keeping up with the story.

Please VOTE,COMMENT and SHARE