Chapter 4

Jeevika
My God!

That guy is just so irritating!

How could he threaten me?

I huffed out a breath and thumped down my head on my arms. Hearing the stool beside my table move, I snapped without looking at the person.

"What do you want now!?"

The woman in front of me looked startled while the baby boy in her arms started crying.

I blinked my eyes and cleared my throat before putting a sweet smile on my face.

"What's up with the little boy?" I asked folding my arms on my desk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Opening the lock of my house, the light turned on above me while I took of my shoes and kept my bag on the table. I locked the door and went inside my 1bhk apartment.
The apartment was perfect for me- living room, kitchen and bedroom with attached toilet.

I straight away went to my bathroom and took a shower. Two times shower a day was a must for me in summers.
Getting out from the bathroom, I walked towards the kitchen while checking the time.

9:08

"What should I eat?" I asked myself aloud. I didn't want to make anything so I settled on maggi.

When in doubt, eat maggi.

After about 10 minutes, I retreated back to my room with a glass of mango juice and maggi.

Well for mostly, my room was black. It's not like I'll say that I had matched it with my soul because my soul definately isn't black. It's just that, that I love black colour. It's so elegant. But my mom thinks otherwise.

'You a crazy that's why your room is black.'

'Black brings negatively.'

Exact words of my momma dearest.

Placing the tray on bed, I turned on TV and quickly played the first movie that was coming in recommendations on my Amazon Prime.

I definately am not a picky chooser in the section of movies. I'll watch any movie, however, thriller mixed with love is my favourite genre.

The Holiday

I had watched this but I could see it again. Lounging on the bed, I ate my dinner quietly and contently.

~~~~~~~~~

The movie was about to finish when I carried my dishes to kitchen. After washing and drying them, I checked the front door lock before coming back to my room.

It was a habit of mine.

Switching off the TV as well as light, I snuggled into my bed and duvet. Sleep was just around the corner when in the far part of my mind, I heard my phone vibrate.

Thinking that it could be related to hospital, I grabbed my phone off the side table and unlocked it.

Hello

Came a message from Viren.

I'm sorry for today but I really had to go for the weekend. Hope you'll understand :)

And with that, he went offline.
It's not that I would have not helped him, it's just that the way he told me to do his duty.

Stop lying, you would have never done a duty for a stranger.

A voice in my head said and well she's right.

Huffing, I placed my phone back on the side table, choosing to ignore him and shut down for today.

~~~~~~~~~~
Viren

"Seriously dude! You did that!?" Sam's voiced pierced in my ear as he laughed.

"Yeah bro." I replied, smiling, remembering my day.

"Whatever he did, he did it for you Sam. Be thankful to him." Ritik stated.

"Oh how nice. This trip would have been boring without our doctor plus we do need to have a doctor with us." Sam mocked.

"Ha ha! Very funny." I feigned laugh as I messaged Jeevika while my two buddies chatted.

Hello

I'm sorry for today but I really had to go for the weekend. Hope you'll understand :)

The messages went seen in few seconds but the reply never came.

Cool

"You there?" Ritik asked

"Yes, just had to send some messages."

"Sam here was telling me that how he should have also done medical. Tell me this could not be possible." Ritik exclaimed as we all laughed.

Sam, Ritik and I, we were in the same school but we were not friends until XI standard. We were together in school most of the times but we had to part ways when Sam moved to California to become a game programmer and Ritik went back to his hometown to takeover his father's business in Chandigarh while I stayed in Delhi.
However, this never affected our friendship.

We talk at least twice in a week to catch up on each other's life and I think it's pretty good.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was midnight and I had finished booking the hotel room for tomorrow's night while Sam and Ritik made itinerary and booked a car from a car rental.

Getting up, I placed my laptop back on my messy desk and went to washroom.

After doing my business, I brushed my teeth and went straight to bed. I sighed aloud as I thanked myself for telling dad in advance of the trip.

I knew that if I told him a day or two before, he would never agree to it. So, a month before, when Sam had told us about his plans to come to India, I, itself on that day informed him about Sam's vacation and a trip with my friends. Obviously, he was not happy but mom helped me.

Covering myself with the duvet, I once again checked my phone for any messages from Dr Xan and as expected, there was none.

Is she really that angry?
Have I made her this angry?
Will she do my duty?

All these things came to my mind but then again, a fellow doctor should help his/her fellow doctor.

"Please God, make her do my duty."

With that thought in my mind, I drifted off to sleep with scenes of Lansdowne in my mind and how we'll create 'Dil Chahta Hai' vibes. Of course, it was not Goa but something is better than nothing.

Unanticipatedly, a certain green eyed also wandered in my mind.

----------------------

Well, I'm not even gonna ask how long it was
Just...
Just...I
Okay...so just..enjoy

Sorryyy

Kaur D