Chapter 9

Viren
I checked my watch for the tenth time I think.

7:07

My shift got over at 7. Usually my shifts get over at 7 just sometimes there are evening shifts. And I knew her also got over at 7. I asked her.

So where is she?

It got chilly in the mornings and evenings. Winter was approaching. I love winters.

But does she?

"Why is my every thought related to her." I muttered to myself as I leaned back on my car. The peach roses looking dainty in my hands.

When I bought them this morning, I thought I would give both of the bouquets to mom but as I saw Jeevika wearing a peach kurta today, my mind changed.

Like heaven above was giving me a sign.

I never liked the idea of marrying. Why to live your life for someone else. That is the reason I was thirty and unmarried. But Jeevika stirred something in me, something deep in my heart. I know its still early to say the L word but I definately like her. I don't know if it's about her beauty or her lovely nature.

A smile broke out on my face as I remembered her glare when I tricked hee into doing my duty. I like her and I want to know more about her, spend time with her.

If she likes it.

Giving her the roses, I might be a daring step, granted we only know each for like two weeks but I'm all for it. If she gets the idea that I like her then that is it. Marriage is a big thing and out of cards for now. I just want to know her better.

7:16

Huffing, I put dow the bouquet on the bonet of car and straightened up.

Where is she?

I was about to go inside when I saw her rushing outside. She stood at the entrance as she put something inside her bag while looking from right to left in the parking lot. Her eyes scanning the parking to find me?

I think because she already would know where her car was if she brought one

No?

My car was parked in the second lane of cars so it was not easy to see me until I waved over. I started walking towards her direction when I heard her calling the watchman who just passed her.

"Have you seen Dr. Viren Vadhera?" She asked worriedly.

I don't know why but my heart skipped a beat when I heard her question. She was asking for me. She thought I left.

"No ma'am." The watchman replied before walking down the rest of the stairs.

A sad expression came on her face as she slowly descended from the stairs. Adjusting the bag on her shoulder, she trudged towards the left side of the parking lot.
Grabbing the bouquet, I rushed to her and stood in front of her.

She picked her gaze from the ground, noticing the feet in front of her. As soon as her caught sight of me standing in front of her, a gasp left her mouth. She took a few steps back and composed herself before speaking.

"Viren..." She drawled out. "I thought you left." Her eyes shyly peeking from beneath her lashes.

So cute

"I was waiting for you." I stated with my hands behind my back.

"Oh...thank you." She said. "I'm sorry I got late. Actually a kid came in. He had fever, cough, cold but no medicine was working. That is why I got late." She babbled before finally taking a breath.

"It's okay. I wanted to give these to you."

I pulled out the roses from behind and presented in front of her. I looked up at her to see her totally stunned. Her eyes never leaving the roses.

"Viren..." Her voice trailes off as she brought her eyes to my eyes. " Why...I mean-" I cut her off.

"Today when I was coming to hospital, I saw two young girls selling these. I wanted to help them and told them that I can give you money but don't want flowers but they were not happy about that. They said they will only accept the money if I take those flowers." I told her about the incident.

"But you can give these to your mother." Jeevika suggested. While her eyes were flickering from me to ground, I didn't fail to notice her cheeks getting red.

A smile to my face looking at her this way. She looked lovely.

"I bought two of these. One for you. One for mom." I answered.

Her lips formed an 'oh' shape.

I took a few steps towards her, decreasing the space between us but not barging into her personal bubble. I clutched the bouquet with both of my hands and held in front of her. She moved her hands from her sides and gently took from my hands, hugging to her chest.

The sight in front of me looked ethereal. With her clutching the roses and stormy sky behind, made a perfect scenery. Her hairs swaying lightly with the wind.

Clearing my throat, I straightened myself before speaking.

"You should go now. It's getting late."

7:54

She seem to be pulled out from her daze by my words. Tucking her hair behind the ear, she nodded.

"Yes. Thank you so much for these."

She likes them

"No problem."

I moved a bit to side to give her way. She smiled one last time and before going away.

"Wait!" I called out. She stopped in her tracks and turned around. "How are you going home?"

"I have my car." She answered, a smile on her face.

"Oh. Drive safely then. Good night." I said to which she nodded and turned away, walking to her car.

"Way to go Viren." I scratched the back of my neck. Sighing, I strolled back to my car. Wearing the seatbelt, I turned on the ignition.

The white bouquet of roses sitting in the passenger seat. I smiled.

"Now for mumma."

--------------

Votes & comments appreciated

Kaur D