Chapter 10

Jeevika
Locking the door behind me, I switched on the lights of my house. I didn't stay with my parents. My father did not approve of me becoming a doctor than an engineer. My great grandfather to my father, everyone was an engineer. And I broke the family lineage.

My house or should I say apartment was small. It was a one bedroom flat. Yes it was small but it was enough for me. However, I didn't like the interior of it. I was always bad with home interiors and decors and my house just proves that. Everything was mismatched. Basically, I kept it the same way the owner gave me. At that time, I could only afford this. First I was renting this and when I got enough money, I bought it.

Sighing, I looked at the bouquet of roses in my hand. A smile came to my face remembering Viren. Shaking my head, I placed the bouquet on table before taking out the fake flowers from the vase. Taking the vase to kitchen, I washed it before filling it with water. Placing the vase back on my small dining table, I adorned the room with the beautiful flowers.

Viren

I pulled out a chair and sat down, deep in my thoughts.
I don't know why but my heart skips a beat whenever his name comes. And today a full firecracker show erupted in my stomach when he gave me the flowers. I was worried that my appointment with the patient made him upset and he went home but to my surprise, he was there.

Standing, with his hands behind him and his cute smile.

Ugh I can cry

But today's focus point is that he gave me flowers. Not any flowers but roses.

I love roses.

As much I loved them, I never got roses from anyone not even my parents. I didn't have a good relation with them. Dad was very angry when I told him about giving entrance exam for medical. He didn't talk to me even when I passed the exam. In this whole phase, my mom was crushed between me and dad.

A ding brought me to reality. I fished out my phone from pocket to see a new message. Unlocking it, butterflies made their way to my belly when I saw Viren's name on top.

What is happening to me

The other bunch reached its destination.

Huh?

A photo was attached to the message. Opening the photo, I saw a lady holding a bouquet of white roses. But I saw similarities between her and Viren. Her eyes were chocolate brown as same as Viren's.

When did you notice his 'chocolate' brown eyes?

A voice called. Hushing the voice, I typed a new message for Viren.

Your mother looks beautiful

I don't know why but him sharing his mother's picture to me meant a lot to me. It made me happy that he was blessed and happy with his family but it also made me miss my mom.

I searched through my phone for mom's number however my finger stayed hovering over the name.

Some other day.

Puffing out a breath, I went to my room to change.

~~~~~~~~~~

I parked my beaten Swift in the hospital's parking lot and got out. Locking the car, I made my way to the hospital entrance. My eyes unknowingly scanning the parking for a particular person but not seeing him made me a little upset.

I greeted Vikas as I walked towards my department but my eyes were quick to see Viren's open cabin.

Everyone was already in their chairs when I went in the room. Placing my bag down, I greeted everyone with a nod and sat down.