Chapter 6

Viren
I entered the hospital, yawning. We reached home at 3 and today my shift was from 9.

Life of a doctor is tiring.

I saw Vikas sitting on his desk and walked towards him, stifling a yawn.

My mouth is gonna burst today with all these yawns.

"Good morning Vikas." Hearing my voice, he quickly stood up.

"Good morning sir. How was your trip?" He asked while I once again stopped a yawn from resurfacing.

"It was good but a thing which could make it a more awesome trip is if I had a late duty today. I didn't even got 6 hours of sleep." I cried.

Vikas laughed and sat down on his chair, typing something in his laptop.

How rude is that.

Sighing deeply which made Vikas to look at me, I opened my cabin and instantly a different fragrance reached my nose.

"What..?"

Jeevika

My mind wandered to the paediatrician as she was the only one who came in my cabin. Un-subconsciously, a faint smile came on my face

What am I even doing?

I wiped the smile off my face and sat down on the chair. Folding my arms on the table, I placed my head on them and closed my eyes for a minute.

For God's sake, they were watering.

"Just a minute..." I mumbled to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Something is fishy.

Very fishy

I smell that fragrance again.

Never mind

I adjusted my head before slowly opening my eyes.

A girl was looking at me with her head lying down exactly as mine was. But it wasn't the girl that scared, it was her expression.

They were deadly.

I screamed and quickly straightened up.

"What!?"

It was then I recognised her as Jeevika.
She got up from the chair and stood up in front of the desk, folding her arms.

"You sacred me!" I exclaimed as I took in my surroundings.

Shit!

I slept

That too in hospital

That too in rush hours

I adjusted my clothes and scrunched my brows at her.

"What do you want? What it is? Tell me." I spoke again when she didn't even moved an inch.

"You were sleeping." She stated.

"I know. So what? There wasn't any patient." I justified.

"So what?" She scoffed. "You had the entire weekend off and still you sleep in the cabin? Amazing!"

"First of all, I was out of Delhi and second and most importantly why does it matter to you?"

"I hate it." She gave me such a cold stare that I'm sure she could excel as a murder.

"So what if you hate it? Its not like you can complaint about me?" I smirked at her to which her expression didn't even changed a bit. "What are you doing here again?"

Her hand slowly and steadily slided inside her pocket while her eyes never left mine.

This is scary.

My eyes were going back and fro between her hand and her murderous glaze while I'm damn sure my expression was that of a scared person.

"What are you doing? Doctor Xan?" I asked her, gulping down.

She can easily kill me if Vikas has not seen her entering my cabin. She'll kill me and she would know how to hide it perfectly after which she will swiftly leave the cabin from the window.

I really hope Vikas had seen her coming in.

Her hand quickly came out of her pocket and it came down with full force before it slapped my desk.
A shriek left my lips as soon as her hand collided with the desk.
With ny heart beating fast and heavy breath, I focussed my eyes on her hand which was on my desk.

Nothing was unusual.

Her hand slowly went back inside again in her pocket nad I could finally see what was under her hand.

A pen

A freaking pen

A worthless freaking pen which could almost take my life.

I wore an unbelievable expression on my face as I looked back at Xan again.

"What is this?" I murmured in disbelief as I finally let out a breath.

"Your pen. I took it by mistake yesterday." She nonchalantly spoke before turning around and leaving my cabin without a sound.

I breathed in and out with disbelief written all over my face.

"Is she....is she crazy?"

The sound of door opening again made me scream again.

"Sir what's wrong?" Vikas asked with concern on his face.

"Vikas...she she scared me." I complained while I got up from the chair to hug him.

"Sir.. are you okay? There is no one in your room." Vikas observed as he looked around the room.

"I know." I whispered before unwrapping my arms from around him.
I went back to my chair and unlocked my phone.

No notifications.

"You can go now. Thank you for checking in on me." I thanked him and he left the room before giving me a nod and smile.

What was up with Xan today?

Is she not well?

Or did she really came to kill me today?

But why would she want to kill me?

Serial killers never need a reason to kill.

A shiver ran down my body and I gulped down. Shaking my head, I checked the time and it read 11:23 which means I slept for around 2 hours.

"Cool."

It's a good thing that there aren't any patients here today.

I stood up from the desk and exited the cabin. Vikas was about to stand up as soon as he saw me but placed a hand in front of me to stop him. He nodded and went back to his work while I walked towards the Children's ward.

The door was closed so I silently moved towards the small glass window on the door and peeked inside.

There were three doctors, two whom I didn't know and the third one was Dr. Xan. But she didn't seem good at all. While the other two were laughing and chatting, she sat quietly on her desk, looking into abyss.

I wonder what's wrong with her.

"Excuse me." Someone spoke from behind me and I turned around to see a woman with a small girl.

"I'm sorry." I quickly moved to the side to make way for them to enter.

I walked back to my cabin with only one thing in my mind.

What's wrong with her?

---------------------------

So I'm going to publish everyday (most probably) before this story ends.
Also, please share you views and thoughts.

An old virika story is back
Virika: Abducted

Don't forget to vote, comment and share

Kaur D