Prologue

Viren
I rang the doorbell, standing outside my house. I was half an hour early from my usual returning time which was a miracle because whenever it was my time to leave, an accident case would occur. Luckily, today I was fortunate. There were no accident or any other case and I completed my round, checking my patients.

Pheww!

Opening of the door brought my attention back to the present. The big brown door was opened by my mother. I smiled at her and stepped inside the house.

Finally home.

"You are early today?" Mom asked while she closed the door. Turning around, she waited for my answer.

"No accident cases." I replied. "I should go freshen up. Where's dad?"

"He's in the library with Arjun." She answered.

"Okay." I said and turned in the direction of my room.

I jogged up the stairs and entered my room which was first in the hallway. I had an old habit. I couldn't eat untill I was freshened up and changed my clothes.

Good habit? I suppose?

Placing my laptop bag down, I sat down on the armchair and untied my shoe laces. Taking my feet out of the shoes, I wore my slippers and then emptied my pockets.

After keeping everything on the coffee table, I headed to the bathroom.

Here I come relaxation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I descended down the stairs after my shower to meet dad and my brother, Arjun. I was a replica of my dad, but only in looks, education and profession. Everyone said that including mom. I studied in the same school as him, got my degree from the same university as him and chose the same profession as him. I did all of this not because my father forced me to do. In fact, he was quite shocked when I confessed to him that I wanted to do medical.

My father was, is and will always be my role model. I admired him since I was just a kid and nothing is better than feeling pride in your parents' eyes because of you.

"May I come in?" I asked with a smile as both my father and brother turned to me. Dad smiled at me and opened his arms.

I smiled and went inside the room, giving a hug to dad and then Arjun, my younger brother.

"Damini told me you came home." Dad said as he sat down on his recliner chair.

"There was no work left and my shift also ended." I spoke and give a pat on Arjun's back. "How's college?"

"Same as old." He grumbled. "I was just telling dad about my day."

"Nice."

"Viren." Dad's stern voice brought my attention back to him. His black eyes were serious.

"Yes dad." I answered.

"I have discussed this with your mother too and was just telling your brother about it too." His eyes didn't give away what he wanted to tell me.

"And that is." I drawled out, nervous about what he was about to say.

"You are going to marry this year."

------------------------------------

Sooo???
A new virika story❤️
I really hope you all will like it and if you do show some love.
Kaur D