Chapter 2

[a/n Another update woo! They won't usually be so frequent, but I already had this chapter done. And it's a long one! Also, you should all go read the fanfic my best friend CarryOn-WaywardSon is writing called "When You Sleep". It's got sooo many cute scenes, and she just gave me some major feels. This chapter is dedicated to BandInsanity for all the votes!]

Song Of The Chapter: "You're Insane" by Escape The Fate

"I'll take you back to the beginning

I was awoken to screams

The day I realized that there was a devil in me

Who gives a fuck if I'm a sinner conceived,

By the flames you know immaculate conception is me

But we started broken hearted,

Falling apart at the seams"

Vic's POV

I woke up groggy, shaking away the clouds of a nightmare. I'd dreamed that I was back at Katelynne and Kellin's wedding, standing at the front in a crisp black suit. Right before they could be declared husband and wife, I screamed to be heard, like I needed any more attention. I let out the scream I'd imagined when they actually did get married:

"He's mine! You stay away from him! I love you, Kellin Quinn!"

But in my dream, Katelynne just sneered at me as the preacher sealed their fate, and mine. Kellin leaned in to kiss her, and she gave me a smug glare over his shoulder as his mouth neared hers... and then I awoke, slightly sweaty and disoriented. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes and rolled over onto my other side, intent on going back to sleep.

I almost screamed for real when I saw Kellin's peaceful sleeping figure next to me.

I was instantly wide awake. What the hell? I slid onto the floor carefully, so as not to wake Kellin. Getting off the bed felt strange, like my body was proportioned differently. Slowly, very slowly, I turned and faced the full length mirror on the Quinn's wall. In it I saw not my own familiar reflection, but Katelynne looking shocked and confused. Katelynne was dressed in a set of soft, revealing pajamas that I saw again when I looked down at myself. Not to mention the two fucking balls of fat that now rested on my chest.

I inhaled and exhaled deeply, forcing myself to calm down. Breathe in, breathe out, some way, somehow. I didn't say anything; I only returned to the bed and crawled back under the covers. I was certain this was another nightmare, and I just had to wake up.

45 minutes later, I was awake again. I hesitantly opened my eyes and felt a heavy rush of fear when I saw that I was still in Kellin and Katelynne's bedroom. It was the first time I could ever remember being dismayed to see Kellin.

I moved my hand and carefully inspected the manicured fingers. I ran those long red nails through thick dark hair not unlike my own. I looked down at the big ones I had somehow developed and instantly looked back up, feeling uncomfortable.

So okay, somehow I had turned into Katelynne. I had no idea what the hell I could do about it, except for find her. Chances were, if I was her, she was me. We could figure this out together and everything could go back to normal. No one except for us would even know the difference. I'd keep this my dirty little secret.

That was what I kept telling myself, but moments later I was freaking the fuck out again.

Why was I in Katelynne's body? How the actual fuck had I gotten there? I instantly wished I'd paid more attention to Tony raving on and on about Star Wars; maybe some sci-fi shit would be helpful right now. I groaned in frustration, but the groan that came out was foreign and feminine.