Chapter 6

[a/n I'm on spring break now thank god so I should be able to update a lot over the next few days. This chapter is dedicated to the fabulous JacksSack because all her comments on "You Stay Away From Her" had me rolling omfg. Also if you haven't voted for Vic as best vocalist, Tony for best guitarist, and "Kick Me" for song of the year for the Alternative Press Music Awards, DO IT NOW AND REMEMBER IT LATER.]

Song Of The Chapter: "Break Your Little Heart" by All Time Low

"Don't be so sentimental, no

This love is accidental, so

Give it up, this was never meant to be

More than a memory for you.

I'm gonna break your little heart

Watch you take the fall

Laughing all the way to the hospital

'Cause there's nothing surgery can do

I'm gonna break your little heart

Show you to the door

Sew yourself shut, now you're begging for more

'Cause there's nothing surgery can do

When I break your little heart in two"

Katelynne's POV

I awoke as relaxed as a woman in a man's body could feel. I felt so alive again, like I didn't have any responsibilities. If it weren't for the long-term consequences, I really wouldn't mind so much being a guy. I swung my legs over the side of the bed, my feet finally resting on a clean floor. I'd made a point of cleaning this place the afternoon before, and I hoped Vic would appreciate it when we switched back.

When we switched back. I still didn't know how we could do that. I still didn't fully understand how we'd even been swapped in the first place. What could've possibly had both of us upset? I was at a total and complete loss for ideas.

"Aye, mi hermano," Mike interrupted my contemplation as he barged into the room.

"What's up?" I asked, standing and cracking my neck.

"Mama and Papa want us to come over for lunch today. We'll leave around 11:15," Mike informed me.

"Dressing nice?" I inquired. Mike gave me a strange look.

"Do we ever?" he replied vaguely before leaving the room. I took that as a no. I hoped Mike would assume my question was just the instinct of the apparent new found "gay guy" inside of me.

Half an hour later, I went downstairs, showered and dressed in plain skinny jeans and a Deathwish t-shirt. It was almost 10:45, and all the guys except for Tony were downstairs eating Eggo waffles.

"Mike, we're going for lunch in like 30 minutes," I laughed as he dunked his fourth waffle in syrup. Mike shrugged, wiping syrup off his chin.

"There's never a wrong time for waffles!" Jaime exclaimed from his position at the toaster, throwing one at Tony who had just walked in. He deftly caught it and took a bite as a drop-dead gorgeous girl with a pink streak in her hair hesitantly walked in behind him.

"Guys, this is Lisa," Tony introduced us, beaming at the nervous-looking girl next to him. He clearly adored her, and I felt a tightness in my chest. Lisa smiled shyly at us, fiddling with the sleeves on Tony's Key Street hoodie that she wore.