Chapter 7

[a/n Shoutout to my best friend turtle_lisaa for forcing me to write this while she was at my house last night. This chapter is dedicated to @emilybearse9 for actually getting one of my obscure references. Enjoy, and comment everywhere!]

Song Of The Chapter: "I Don't Love You" by My Chemical Romance

"Sometimes I cry so hard from pleading

So sick and tired of all the needless beating

But baby when they knock you down and out

Is where you oughta stay

And after all the blood that you still owe

Another dollar's just another blow

So fix your eyes and get up

Better get up, while you can

When you go, would you even turn to say

'I don't love you like I did yesterday'"

Kellin's POV

I threw on a light black jacket and took in my appearance in the mirror, listening to Katelynne talking to Copeland in the next room.

"You'll be good for Uncle Hudson, right? I know you will," Katelynne confirmed.

"Yup yup!" Copeland agreed excitedly. Katelynne laughed a soft melodic laugh and I heard rustling.

"No! No tickle!" Copeland screamed with laughter, Katelynne's giggles from louder and more enthusiastic.

"Baby, baby, you're so crazy," Katelynne teased as Copeland wound down. I smiled to myself as I listened to my two favorite girls. After the mishap in bed last night, I'd been afraid that Katelynne would be angry and revert to her old, closed off behavior.

Thankfully, Katelynne was still the happy and loving wife she'd transformed into this week. I was extremely confused by the recent developments; though I really was nothing but overjoyed at her newfound passion for her marriage, she was an honest to god different person. The total overhaul of her personality was incredible. It was like she loved me again, for the first time in forever. Last night had perplexed me, but I was taking all the blame; she obviously wasn't ready to have sex with me again yet, and I felt terrible for pressuring her.

"Kells? Hudson's here, are you almost ready to go?" Katelynne interrupted my thoughts, poking her head into the room.

"Yeah, a few more minutes. It's 9 o'clock on the dot, but we should be fashionably late," I told her. Katelynne smiled and stepped into our bedroom. She was dressed casually in a maroon dress and grey cardigan, but she was still stunning as always.

"What are we even going to do there?" Katelynne asked. We were getting ready for a party that the Pierce The Veil guys were throwing; it was in celebration of APMA nominations or something. Personally, I thought Jaime and Mike just wanted an excuse to buy a lot of booze.

"The usual. Drink, dance, play nice with stoned rock stars for a few hours," I replied, running my fingers through my hair a few times.

"Cool. As long as you're there, I'll have fun," Katelynne said sweetly, moving next to me and resting her head on my shoulder. I kissed her forehead softly and glanced at the two of us in the mirror.

"Aren't we just the most beautiful couple you've ever seen?" I asked with a grin, wrapping an arm around her waist. The small smile that played on her lips when I kissed her dropped into a startling and unsettling blankness.