Chapter 9

[a/n Don't forget if you haven't checked out my first one shot you should!!! This chapter is dedicated to my new friend kellinoverthevic because her twitter feed is life. Comment everywhere, and enjoy the shitstorm that will be brewing from here till the end! This chapter isn't very long, but the next few will be so...]

Song Of The Chapter: "Yeah Boy and Doll Face" by Pierce The Veil

"Were you honest when you said

'I could never leave your bed'?

Wake me up and let me know you're alive

And will you fall in love again?

Is the scent slowly spreading?

I've been answering machines all night

And are the doctors dancing in

While the ambulances sing?

Another boy without a sharper knife..."

Kellin's POV

I woke up luxuriously around 10, as always enjoying the privilege of sleeping in when not on tour. Katelynne had rolled out of my cuddling arms at some point in the night, so I reached over to bring her closer to me. Immediately, her eyes shot open, and I smiled at her.

"I didn't mean to wake you. Good morning, my love," I greeted her sweetly, leaning over to kiss her mouth softly. Katelynne pulled away from me, eyes wide, looking incredously down at herself.

"Oh god," she breathed, almost leaping out of bed without even acknowledging my questioning look. She stared at herself in the mirror, looking frightened. I got up and rushed over to her, instantly alarmed.

"Katelynne, what's wrong?" I questioned nervously, reaching out to comfortingly rub her shoulder. Before I could touch her, she shrank away from me again, just out of reach.

"I'm fine, just... just a bad dream," Katelynne told me. I nodded sympathetically, but something seemed off about this whole situation. I could see that she had something to hide behind those eyes.

"Alright, I'm going to go shower," I said, moving to kiss her again. This time, Katelynne placed one firm hand in the center of my chest and broke my heart with one word.

"Don't."

As I let the hot water run over me, I pondered what I had done wrong. Just last night I'd kissed Katelynne goodnight before holding her in my arms as we fell asleep. What had changed in the last twelve hours that had caused her to push me away again? It was like she had reverted back to her old, bitter self.

The self that didn't love me.

"Katelynne?" I asked when I reentered our bedroom. Katelynne was carefully curling her hair, full makeup already done. That was strange. She'd been dressing casually, although still looking as beautiful as ever, over the past few days.

"Yes?" Katelynne replied politely, never looking up from her hair. I cleared my throat to get her full attention and she finally granted it. Katelynne's eyes reflected annoyance, distaste, exasperation, and... hate. It hit me full force then; my wife couldn't stand me.

"Why are you acting like this again?" I demanded, feeling frustration bloom inside of me as she rolled her eyes back. She'd been a perfect angel just yesterday, and now she was back to being... well, a bitch.

"What do you mean?" Katelynne shot back, anger becoming evident on her gorgeous features. Somehow, she didn't seem as beautiful today as she did yesterday.