Chapter 13

[a/n Much sorry for all the depressing stuff... oops. On a lighter note, I am so excited for Full Frontal to come back, who's with me?! Enjoy the chapter, comment everywhere, and please heed my warnings!]

Song Of The Chapter: "Picture Perfect" by Escape The Fate

"I'd give up my eyes to see you one last time

And I'd give all my fingertips to touch you;

I could paint you picture perfect

Even if I was blinded

But you had to die for me to see how to live"

Vic's POV

*time lapse: 3 days*

It had been three days since Copeland's death, and Kellin's emotional state had not improved. He hadn't spoken to anyone except for me, and I'd maybe gotten him to eat one full meal by basically force feeding him.

"Do you want to eat something before we go?" I asked Kellin once he slowly woke himself up. Kellin had asked me to stay with him every night since the accident, not that I was complaining. I still wasn't sure if that soft "I love you too" had been real or just my imagination. Regardless, I loved being able to hold him in my arms every night, in my own body this time.

"No," Kellin replied simply, shifting around in my arms before resting his head on my chest. I sighed, twisting a lock of his hair between my fingers.

"You're going to have to eat eventually," I reprimanded him. He traced his fingers across my belly, making me shiver slightly.

"I know. But not today," Kellin stated. Today was the day of Copeland's funeral. I was hoping it would give him some closure, but now I wasn't so sure.

"I understand," I gave in, giving him a gentle hug. Kellin moved out of my arms and looked me in the eyes.

"You know, Vic, you've really helped me through this. It hurts, but it would hurt so much worse if you weren't here. You mean so much to me, and I think I knew it before... I was just too afraid to admit it to myself. Vic, I love you," Kellin confessed. My breath caught in my throat, but I could release the easiest response of my life.

"I love you too," I told him. Kellin lightly pressed his lips to mine and I felt my heart leap with joy. I kissed him back, relishing the feeling of finally kissing Kellin in my own body. Surprisingly, I was the one to break away before the kiss deepened.

"Are you still mad about the switch?" I questioned hesitantly. Kellin placed a soft, reassuring kiss on my lips.

"No. You made me see how horrible my relationship with Katelynne really was. Besides, over that week, I fell for you too hard to go back to my normal life, even if I couldn't see that at first. I think we're meant to be together, Vic," Kellin admitted. I couldn't believe the words coming out of his mouth; after all these years, Kellin finally loved me. Kellin smiled at me slightly, but it was the first smile I'd seen from him since I was in Katelynne's body. Kellin and I could finally be together.

"God, I've loved you for so long," I breathed. Kellin blushed slightly and I kissed his lips once more, savoring the taste.

"We should probably get ready to go," Kellin suggested, his smile fading. A glance at the clock told me we had about an hour until the funeral.

"Yeah, I guess so," I consented, starting to roll out of bed. Kellin placed a hand on my hip, stopping me. I turned to face him in confusion.

"I love you so much, Vic. Don't you ever forget that," Kellin said with a beautiful smile. I smiled back just as widely.