Chapter 5

[a/n Sorry for taking so long for this update whoops. This chapter is dedicated to CuzILikeBands for all her comments on "You Stay Away From Her". I love reading you guys' comments more than anything! Enjoy xx ]

Song Of The Chapter: "Starving For Friends" by Slaves ft. Vic Fuentes

"But I could've been wrong, I could've been right

And none of you seem like friends tonight

See I was just waiting for a moment

To take me away

It's just one of those days...

You poison me

I'm burning colors, I can see the change

I can tell the bitter taste

I'm two-faced and I can't see straight

But don't pretend to run away"

Katelynne's POV

I woke up splayed across Vic's bed, in a decidedly masculine position. My arms and legs were strewn across the bed and a fine line of drool trickled from the corner of my mouth. In all honesty, I was kind of warming up to some parts of being a guy. I didn't have to worry about looking good, I could eat what I wanted, and I didn't have to worry about impressing anyone while I was Vic.

Despite the fear that I may never be in my own body again, I hadn't been so relaxed since Kellin and I got together.

I rolled out of bed and threw on maroon skinny jeans, a black and white striped t-shirt, and black Converse. I hastily ran my fingers through my hair a few times and brushed my teeth. As long as I could be lackadaisical about how I looked, I was taking that opportunity. I just felt so free now.

"Hey, ready to go soon?" I asked Tony as I loudly thudded down the steps with an incredible lack of grace. Tony was sitting in his boxers groggily eating a bowl of Lucky Charms. He glared at me when I smiled perkily at him.

"Turtle here woke up on the wrong side of the bed," Mike explained, playfully ruffling Tony's hair. Tony shrugged him off.

"What's gotten into you? Just a sleepless night [a/n MMF YAS]?" I asked the unusually moody Tony.

"I was up talking to Lisa until nearly 6. I forgot we had to go to the library," Tony groaned.

"Aw, little Tony got bit by the love bug!" Jaime teased, encouraging Tony to flip him off.

"Why are you guys going to the library?" Mike inquired curiously.

"Tony needs to return one of his graphic novels," I replied quickly, earning another glare from Tony.

"Oh my god, you still read those? I thought you stopped back in like high school," Jaime exclaimed, laughing.

"They're high quality entertainment!" Tony shouted indignantly.

"Alright, all of you shut up and eat," I insisted, getting no arguments from anyone. I was anxious to get some research done.

Twenty minutes later, I was sitting in the passenger seat of Tony's car as we drove to the library. The car was silent, both of us lost in our thoughts. Hypothetically, what would I do if I was trapped in Vic's body forever? Would he and I come clean about what happened? Would Copeland and Kellin understand at all? Would Vic come back to live at his own house, but in my body? It would confuse our families, our friends, and anyone we could ever meet. Imagine if I walked up to someone and introduced myself as Katelynne Quinn, in a short Mexican body. What would happen to Pierce The Veil? I didn't mind being in Vic's body for a few days, but I couldn't live the rest of my life like this. Long story short, I had to get out.