Bucky Barnes (Winter Soldier) X Chubby!Reader

Key:
(Y/n)- your name
(H/c)- hair color
(S/t)-skin tone

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

I have many talents and passions. One being charity and making art. I was Pepper's little sister and worked under her. Not as her assistant or something like that, but as a Curator of Public Works and Finance. I basically control the public appearance of the Avengers and Stark Industries. I sat in my office working on another relief fundraiser as Pepper and Steve come barging in? "Come in, I guess. It's not like I was working on a project or anything." I said. My attitude was at an all time high from the Avengers last stunt. My work outfit was in disarray and my hair wasn't fairing any better to be seen by anyone. Don't even get me started on what my makeup might look like.

"(Y/n)! We need your opinion and help with something!" Pepper started. She was freaking out and speaking fast. I was not mentally ready for her panic on top of my stress. "I don't know what to do! Tony has gone ballistic and I can't reason with him!"

"Pepper! Stop." I yelled. I got up from my seat to appear more threatening which worked. Pepper stopped talking as I sat back down in exhaustion in my office chair. Steve was just watching us. "What the hell is the problem?" I asked. Steve stepped forward.

"So I found my friend, Bucky, and he is also known as the Winter Soldier and he kinda killed Tony's parents while he was being controlled by H.Y.D.R.A." Steve said. I blankly looked at him.

"I know. What do you think I have been in here doing? I keep up with all social media, news and private story going around by internet or by mouth. You and your little buddy have not only disrupted S.H.E.I.L.D. but other people's lives too. Who do you think fixes it all and has it swept under the rug by putting out grander and more sparkly topics?" I asked. Pepper was scared. She has only seen me like this once and it was when I blew my top on a toxic ex-boyfriend. "Mr. Rogers that is me. I am the person behind the scenes fixing everything you and your superhero buddies break! Now, GET OUT OF MY OFFICE!" I yelled and Pepper and Steve scurried away from my office. The doors slammed shut. I heard Pepper talking to Steve about what just happened but I don't care. I need to fix this, but how? I have to keep going and trying. I kept crunching number and scenarios to find the best solution but nothing worked. I worked late into the night until a knock was heard from the door. I kept silent knowing Pepper is asleep most likely and Steve wouldn't dare step foot back in here for awhile. Tony was off doing who knows what and I didn't have any other friends or any relatives that care about me. The knock sounded again as I ignored it. A sigh was heard and something was placed on the ground and the feet left. I continued to work until my curiosity got the better of me. I got up from my chair and stretched out my aching muscles and wondered over to the door. Gently peeling the door open I saw a letter and a red rose de-thorned laying on a tray with a sandwich? I looked down the hall and picked the tray up. I looked at it and was about to put it back down when my stomach growled. I looked at the time and saw that I haven't eaten all day and it was going on day 2 without eating. Caffeine can only do so much. I looked at the sandwich and bit my lip, what the hell, if I go out by a sandwich so be it. I thought. I gently closed the door with my stocking covered foot and wondered back to my desk. The screens held multiple recovery projects and financial statements in the past that helped keep the positive appearance to the public. I took a bite of the sandwich and moaned in delight. It was the best sandwich ever or I was starving. I ate it all and placed the rose in water in a small narrow glass vase on my desk. I went back to work and after a little bit my eyes started to droop. I needed coffee or I won't be able to fix this problem and fast, but sleep sounded so good right now. Shaking the sleeping thought away I pulled up reports and started to write down more thoughts, inputting them into the simulator. It was generating the outcomes while I was reading more documents. My eyes dropped and I fell asleep at my desk.