Venom (Eddie Brock) X Chubby!Reader

Key:

(s/c) - skin color

(h/c) - hair color

(f/s) – favorite song

(l/c) – lip color

(e/c) – eye color

(Y/n) – your name

(Y/f/n) – your full name

(w/s) – waist size

Reader's P.O.V.

Every day was the same, get up, go to work, go home, go to sleep. Sometimes that is okay but when it's been going on since for a couple of years, you're sick of it. That isn't even the worst part. My coworkers are dreadful with their sickening words of hate due to my body shape. I really want to just end it all, but I have people that still need me like my sick mother and little brother that just started high school. I sigh as I finished my shopping trip at the local grocery store after my shift at work. I looked for my favorite cashier, Jonathan. He always gives me words of encouragement and a pat on the back after a hard day. He is an older guy in his late sixties but still can hold his own in this line of work. I finally found him cleaning the shelves of candy on his isle.

"Hey, Jon. You busy? I can wait till you are done?" I asked sweetly while helping him organize the messy candy.

"Oh! Oh, (Y/n)! How are you, my dear? Still getting picked on at work?" He asked once he recognized my voice. He stopped to rub my shoulder in a friendly manner of caring. Unfortunately, he touched the bruise that I received from my shift that I just finished. A nasty new employee that works under me that swung a cabinet out when I was helping get orders to tables.

"I'm fine, Jon, hanging in there! You know same old me and fortunately, it's not as bad now that I have been exercising more frequently." I said with a small smile on my face that didn't reach my eyes. He looked at me and started to help unload my groceries onto the belt before waddling over to the register to start scanning.

"You know, you can't keep bottling up your feelings and sticking to the safe zone. You don't want to get to my old age and have regrets like me. Life is passing you by and you are just floating along in the banks. Go to the center and experience life, live, (Y/n). You are much too young for all the stress and worry you carry on your shoulders, everything will work out in the end. Trust me." He said while looking at me every once in a while. He was only halfway done when he looked back at me and told me the total and last bit of advice. "Darling, I have known you for sixteen years, you have come very far from that frightened teen. You are an amazing woman. Don't let society tell you how to run your life. It's yours to live. I. I want you to know that I love you like you are my daughter, (Y/n)." He said and came around the register to give me a hug. I hugged him back and shed a few tears and went on my way with a small smile and my groceries. It was dark out and I needed to get home to cook dinner for my family. While I was walking to my home, I heard a rustle in the trashcan and a small whimper coming from an alleyway. I slowed my walk to a stop in front of the alleyway and looked into the dark space trying to find the source. With a sigh, I tucked my groceries closer to my big chest and pump belly to trek into the dingy alleyway. I left the light up the sidewalk to find the noise each step getting darker the further I go into the alleyway. I made it to the noise and found a puppy. It seems like it was dumped so I pulled out some bread and cheese that I had bought at the grocery store to get the puppy closer to me, so I can see if it is injured. As it approached me, I noticed that I was injured and no collar. I let it eat happily as I pet the cute bundle of fur. I scooped the poor thing up as thunder rolled in the distance. I turned to leave when a loud thud came right behind me. I froze as the puppy started to whimper in my jacket. I tried to shush the puppy as the thing shuffled around.