Hal Jordan (Green Lantern) X Grey Lantern!Reader

Key:

(h/c) – hair color

(Y/n) – your name

(f/w) – favorite weapon

(f/f) – favorite food

(s/c) – skin color

(e/c) – eye color

(S/n) – sister's name

Author's Dedication Note: @ThestorytellerNV requested this one-shot. I really love it if more of my readers followed my account and requested one-shots from me! I take requests.

Hal Jordan (Green Lantern)'s P.O.V.

The earth below my feet shook while I was working on repairing my car after doing test flights in the new plane that Ferris Aircrafted created in hopes that the U.S. Air Force would make another contract with them. The sounds of explosions were off in the distance that is when the all hell broke loss and the Green Lantern was needed. I put on my ring and recited the Green Lantern oath. "In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil's might beware my power – Green Lantern's light!" With that, I transformed into my known alias Green Lantern and I flew away from my home to help in Coast City. While I flew as fast as I could I heard screams and cried of help.

Meanwhile:

Reader's P.O.V.

I cried for help as my family and I was stuck on top of the collapsing build we called our home. I could see the Green Lantern helping others out of another building as Superman was rushing people to the hospital. With one last shake of the ground, we fell with the building and into the darkness. When I woke up it was dark, but my eyes quickly adjusted to the lack of light, I was held by my older sister and parents. Dirt and concrete dust stuck to us as I wiggled out of there hold while shaking my sister's arm. "(S/n), wake up! This isn't funny! Mom? Not you too! Dad?" Not one of my family members responded to my voice. I rushed to find a pulse and when I couldn't find one on (S/n)'s wrist I tried to find one on her neck. None. Tears brimmed at the corners of my eyes.

We were all having fun just hours ago since I just graduated from college. How could such a happy event turn into such a mess? I was distraught. I couldn't think. I couldn't breathe. With one last hope, I screamed at the top of my lungs as I passed out. I hoped that someone would hear me. When I woke up, I was still stuck under the ruble of the building that I once called home. When I was losing hope and the will to live when a voice spoke. "You want to survive and get out of here?" The ominous voice asked.

"Yes." I responded not even bothered by the menacing presence the voice held.

"That's what I want to hear. Put me on and repeat after me." I did as the voice said. I put the ring on because I sick and tired of the darkness that I was stuck under and having my hopes shattered every second that I was stuck was killing me. "In cloudy days and storming nights, remember old memories brought to light, turn your eyes to a tearful sight and be bathed in the grey light!"

"In cloudy days and storming nights, remember old memories brought to light, turn your eyes to a tearful sight and be bathed in the grey light!" I yelled out. It happened in seconds as I transformed into something dark. Dark and powerful, everyone will suffer the way I had to. My once (h/c) hair is now grey and went to my mid-back, I had a silver eye mask, and silver skin-tight outfit with black and white accents. My hands were free with black and white wraps around my hands and knee-high heeled boots were black along with white bands around my forearm and thighs. Power surging through me pleasing every nerve in my body. Revenge and sorrow were on my mind. With this surge, I let out a war cry as I blasted out of the ruble of the fallen building. Once out I took a big breath of air that I thought I would never get to breathe again. I stayed in the sky feeling the breeze. When the urge for cries, pleads of forgiveness and desperation hit every sense in my body and the urge was unstoppable. I wasn't myself anymore.