Billy Batson (Shazam) X Blue Lantern!Reader

Key:

(Y/n) – Your name

(L/n) – Last name

(h/c) – hair color

(h/l) – hair length

Author's Note: This is another request from @Santangelo13. Please, like and or request other characters that you are in love with!

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

I didn't think this could get any weirder. Shazam has been following for a week now. He is supposed to be on the Justice League while I'm the youngest member of the Young Justice team. He seems like a nice guy but it's creeping me out to the point where I'm hiding from him and excusing myself from conversations to follow Hal since I'm his apprentice. I tend to balance him out since he is loud and spontaneous, being a green lantern, while I am calm and collected, being a blue lantern. We make an excellent team and have been working together for a few months now. "I'm not kidding Hal! I'm like super creeped out! He keeps popping up everywhere I go! I can't even be with my team because he follows me around everywhere! Can you talk to him?" I asked Hal as we floated down the hall of the Watch Tower complaining.

"I don't think I should talk to him. I don't have an issue with him. You do so it's your problem."

"And I am your apprentice so it's your problem too. Plus, he is too old for me to talk to on my own. It would be weird."

"He actually isn't that much older than you." Hal said as we made it to the air lock.

"What is that supposed to mean!""It means you can talk to him and you need to check in with your team. These little talks are nice, but I have things to do. Later!" He said as he opened the hatch and zoomed off. Can you believe him! Ugh. I flew out before the hatch automatically closed and headed to the Young Justice headquarters. What I didn't notice was how all the other the League members chuckled softly or smiled as we passed them and a Shazam quietly watching the youngest hero out of the corner of his eye.

Billy's P.O.V.

"You know you are kind of freaking her out with the staring thing you're doing." Flash said as he watched the whole thing go down.

"What? No, I'm not! Really?"

"Oh, yeah that whole talk with Hal was completely about you and your behavior. I suggest you tell her how you feel and what you actually look like before it drives her far away from wherever you can ever reach her." Flash said as he left me to ponder his words. I was stumped by how to do what he suggested to do. I'll go to the Young Justice HQ and asked to see her in private and try not to sound too creepy. With that I quickly sped off to do just that.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

As I enter the A.I. announced my arrival. "0057: Hope entered premises."

"Gosh, I hate that thing. Can never be sneaky. Hey, Nightwing, please tell me you have a solo mission for me at the ready."

"Sorry, Hope I don't. But Shazam want to talk to you. Want me to be close if this gets weird?"

"Sure. That would make me feel better." He said as he moved away from the computer to look at me from the control station.

"That would be awesome. Thank you." I said as we walked down the hallway to the private conference room. I sighed as I got to the door and looked at Nightwing with a pleading look. He pats my shoulder and shoved me into the room. Shazam seemed to be fiddling with the end of his cape when the slamming of the door got his attention. I stiffened as he approached me.

"I'm sorry if my behavior has scared you. I'm actually only one year older than you and my actual name is Billy Batson." He said. I gave him a confused face as I looked at him.

"No, you're not. You're like in your early 30's." I said.

"Of course, you wouldn't believe me. I thought you draw your power from people believing."

"What? No, I don't. It's hope that I have my powers from. Believing in something is only so powerful that makes up hope. Besides the point, how are you going to prove to me that you are a year older to me?"

"Step back and you might want to cover your eyes. SHAZAM!" He yelled out and a flash of lightning struck inside HQ. When I opened my eyes, Billy stood in front of me. I was in shock and in that moment my lantern power gave out and left me in my civilian out fit and my hair completely out.

Billy's P.O.V.

Wow. She looks even prettier out of her superhero alias. We stared at each other not knowing what to say or do. I got embarrassed and started to shuffle around fiddling with my red hoodie avoiding eye contact with (Y/n). "Um, I think your kinda amazing and yeah." I started but couldn't finish my thoughts as we stood there. I looked up to see her in shock and silent with a lack of words.

"Uh. Thanks." She said as looked down at the ground. She was gathering herself to leave. I felt myself start to panic. I rushed over to her and grabbed her hand when she started for the door of the conference room. Her ring power faltered making the blue glow of it flicker out so there was no glow from it meaning she stopped using her powers. She stopped and turned to face me ever so slightly. "Why?" She asked me. That one word had so much emotion behind it that it pulled at my heart strings.

"I would like to get to know you better outside of the superhero thing we do. Of course, you don't have to say yes, but I would like to. I uh. I wanted to know the small things that I won't know from being a colleague and friend. I know that my behavior as Shazam has made you distrust me, but I hope that revealing myself it makes sense and." I started to ramble, but my brain just wouldn't stop throwing words into my mouth in a rapid order or disorder. I was completely embarrassed as I kept talking. I had this whole thing planned out and it got lost after I saw the color of her (e/c) eyes and her flowing (h/c) hair that bellowed down her back that looked soft to the touch and shined like a jewel even in the harsh lighting of this room.

"Hey. Hey, hold on. I would like to get to know you too." She said cutting me off from my rambling. She smiled that reached her eyes and made my heart swell with joy. It even caused my cheeks to heat up a rosy pink that doesn't normally show in whatever form I am in. I liked this feeling and can't wait for it to grow and blossom into something more. We smiled at each other while looking at the door. "Let's blow this popsicle stand." She said as she moved her hand so that out hands were interlaced.

"Does ice cream sound good?"

"That sounds wonderful." She said as we left not even bothered that the Young Justice team was eavesdropping on our conversation and scattered as soon as we opened the door. We smiled and just walked to the ice cream parlor that was closest to us. It was a good day.